Who's going to be buying 2019 KTM's?

Hey guys, if you didn't know KTM unvailed their 2019 MX bikes  this week, having my eye on the 450SX-F mainly i thought about it and might make a few moves and get me one, Currently on a 16 450SX-F and like it a lot, first 450 and it's been nothing but a blast, i said to myself before dumping some more money into it ie* new top end, fan kit, engine work ETC i would wait and see what KTM had to offer for the 2019's. I know it's really really early to start going at it but i was wondering if any of you were thinking of picking up a freshie 2019 ktm this coming summer, maybe selling your current bike for one? What do you guys think? Are the 2019's something to rave about or are they just another rehashed bike for a pretty price tag? Tell me what you think and maybe what bike you're considering! 

I’m in the same boat you’re in. I’ve been on my 16 350 XCF since they released them in 2015. It has been by far the best bike I’ve owned with the exception of the 4cs forks, although Stillwell Performance finally dialed them in.   The SX models received the AERs in 2016 so your good in that department.  I usually keep a bike for a couple years and then trade up but I think it’s going to require more than a new head, body work and AERs for me to take the plunge and pay MSRP. It might be a deal where I buy a new one in a couple years that’s been sitting on a showroom floor for too long though. Good luck. 

I am on a 16 sxf 450 with Ohlins forks and flow shock, full fmf mega bomb exhaust and SFS top clamp. I do not feel the changes are enough to warrant an upgrade. I have 113 hrs on it and the bike has been problem free. If I come across a deal on a leftover in a year, I will consider because it will be time for a new bike.

16 hours ago, KTMister said:

This last week KTM announced that they are jumping into the AFT singles for 2019. If they are smart like Indian and offer these bikes for sale to the public, for sure I'm all in !!

KTM%20flattracker.jpg

I heard about that a while ago and think that's sick as hell, id love to ride one of those! 

• Like 1

The 19's will be an improvement over your 16. My friends and I have either 2018 Fe's or Husky Rs's which are the same as the production 19's. We all had 16 or 17 Ktm/Huskys previous.  In short:

AER Suspension has been refined

Mapping with TC is really good

New frame has significantly improved the already good handling

Body ergos, new rad location, lower overall engine make for a more nimble feeling bike

Pankle tranny coating makes shifting feel very buttery

unsure if new floating disc is of any improvement

Riding the bikes back to back everyone feels the new ones are overall an improvement , maybe not monumental but for sure it is felt.

• Like 2