Exhaust options for 2017 S model questions

Ok, I was hoping to keep my bike as stock as possible for as long as possible. Now I am going to rejet and have the air box cut, Can you take out the screens on the stock exhaust to open it up more? Does that even make sense on these bikes? this was a common mod on the TTR 230's we used to own.

On the 2017. If I wanted to go with aftermarket exhaust. Do I need the header? I had someone tell me the front pipe on 2017 was sized to get same performance with slip on.

I will likely have exhaust pipe selection questions if I decide to go with that soon.

Thanks guys

Ok, I was hoping to keep my bike as stock as possible for as long as possible. Now I am going to rejet and have the air box cut, Can you take out the screens on the stock exhaust to open it up more? Does that even make sense on these bikes? this was a common mod on the TTR 230's we used to own.

On the 2017. If I wanted to go with aftermarket exhaust. Do I need the header? I had someone tell me the front pipe on 2017 was sized to get same performance with slip on.

I will likely have exhaust pipe selection questions if I decide to go with that soon.

Thanks guys

Just leave it stock. The screen is part of the spark arrestor and needed at least in my state.

I went from stock to Big Gun, Yoshimura to MRD. I think the MRD flows the best but it is a little loud. Search and decide :ride:

I went a similar path. White Bros slip on, Yoshimura RS3 full system and finally MRD SSW. A slip on will make a noticable improvement but if FCRs, cams or bigbores are in the future, save yourself time and money and go straight to MRD.

• Like 2