CRF150R too small for someone who's 6'3''?

I am considered buying a CRF150R.  I am 6'1'' and a few of my buddies who are interested in learning are about my height or taller.  Would a CRF150R be a good size bike for a taller rider who's new to riding?  Also if not is there anything between that and a 250 (size or CC wise)?

Go sit on one at the dealership. I suspect that you will not like it. It's made for someone a foot shorter than you. It's also pretty peaky and hard to ride for a beginner. I'd check out a crf230f and see what you think of that. Way better trail bike and will fit you much better.

I’m 5’9” and I found it too small after riding it for an afternoon at the local MX track.

I'm 6'3", the CRF150 would never be something I would feel comfortable riding. Since you're new to riding I'd suggest the CRF250, when you become more experienced you might even consider a 450 for your height. Hope that helps! Happy riding!! - Pierce

As was mentioned I would go set on bikes at a dealership and see how bikes fit you. A CRF230 is a good beginner bike or a TTR230 although the honda is a little taller. A CRF 250 is probably better suited for you height wise as its around 3 inches taller although maybe (is) too much bike for a beginner.

My son's race bike is a 150R small wheel. He started racing it mid-season last year when he was 4'10". Even the big wheel will be too small for you. I'm 6'1" and 190# and it wants to wheelie everywhere when seated messing around the yard because I'm so big and its so short.

At your size, I'd stay away from a 230...they are heavy, underpowered, and have poor suspension/brakes.

I started 6 years ago and bought a cheap 2000 XR250R and then switched to a KTM 4 stroke the next season.

Assuming you're looking for a trail/woods bike, I'd recommend a 250 4 stroke of some flavor. You could also do a 450 and then you can have enough torque to be in the wrong gear. Whatever you do, don't but a MX bike for trails. That is bad news for beginners.