Dirt Bike Mag picks the 500 over the 501

1 hour ago, THE KRAN said:

June Dirtbike Magazine. In the conclusion, they perffered the Beta 500 RS over the Husqvarna FE501. 

PERIOD

I would as well the vibration difference between these bikes is major ridden back to back. I rode another 18 500exc a few weeks ago and the vibration through the pegs was shocking. 

MM 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, THE KRAN said:

June Dirtbike Magazine. In the conclusion, they perffered the Beta 500 RS over the Husqvarna FE501. 

PERIOD

Bone stock.

They also stated things may be different in slightly modified form. 

It was that 1 cc that was just too much. ?

I didnt read the article yet. Not even reading I bet the Beta is alot cheaper and has a year warranty. That’s not even looking at either bikes performance . Beta is way ahead of the game before even starting the comparison. It’s sort of a no brainer to me. I know a couple of years ago the price difference between the Ktm husky  and Beta 500 RS was way over a grand locally. I forget now but it was around 1200 to $1500. I don’t know what it is now. Im sure both are great but I do know I like how Betas handle... and getting a 500 well how much power does anyone need. Both got lots. It’s always seeming like my Dirt bike mag comes way late.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Sheeez... just started reading the Dirt bike comparison and they &%$#@! up almost right from the start. Dirtbike says that Beta doesn’t come with a dirtbike model of a 500 and only has a dualsport model in the rrs? Duh .. 480 Race edition.. It’s pretty lame to not even pick up simple things like that..oh well. I wonder if there’s information that wrong on the husky side of things.. guess just have to always keep searching for accurate info fact checking.

http://www.betausa.com/content/480-rr-race-edition-1

RR-Racing-4t-My-18---front_0.jpg

On 5/21/2018 at 6:51 PM, munstro said:

It basically came down to the price difference between the bikes.

And power .. but it’s all take with a grain of salt and continue to collect correct info on both bikes.. Still it’s a slam dunk choice to me.. A rr-s has a year warranty and a grand or more less than husky to start the comparison. Not even mentioning power or BYOB tuning options from the factory etc.. but damn a grand or more is alot..