Bryan Bosch

2019 Honda CRF450L Pictures & Video

2 hours ago, Tex68w said:

And then how does one turn it off? Must you cycle the motor off in order to get out of the traction control mode? Pushing the start button with the engine running doesn't hurt the starter? 

44 minutes ago, RacerAV said:

Sounds like a fun way to kill your starter no?

The starter shouldn't engage while the motor is running...at least with mine it doesn't. Did any of you guys read the instructions?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The starter shouldn't engage while the motor is running...at least with mine it doesn't. Did any of you guys read the instructions?

instructions

Sunday funday riding in the mountains
20190722_050718.jpg.816a2333fc1f761470911e6ea1af7396.jpg
FullSizeR1.thumb.jpg.b18cd74a8a3374c9131818d1138ecb3b.jpg
Has anyone used the traction control feature on their Vortex? I thought it was pretty neat...came in handy in the technical sections. Stock tires are no bueno

I just swapped to Motoz Tractionators using my Rabaconda. Went fairly smooth. 1. Need to get tire soap. 2. Talcum powder. 3. I want to try out a mousse.

1 hour ago, RacerAV said:

I just swapped to Motoz Tractionators using my Rabaconda. Went fairly smooth. 1. Need to get tire soap. 2. Talcum powder. 3. I want to try out a mousse.

Love me some Enduro Tractionators, esp for Dirt and Mud.  

I just ran the Motoz Xtreme Hybrids Gummys in CO for a week, awesome on rocks, gravel, etc.

3 hours ago, RacerAV said:

Bead Buster works great for a tire  lube, generic talcum for the tube. 

I have had good luck and performance with 3mm tubes , off road,   In a week of hard, jagged , rock riding in CO, with 4 bikes, no flats !   Tire Pressure is key.

Mousse is expensive, and they wear out. They dont like Highway speeds from Trail to Trail.

If Money is easy, sure , get a crate of Mousses and have fun.  Good Luck ! 

ScreenHunter_169 Jul. 22 19.58.jpg

4 hours ago, El Liebre said:

Haha, nope, the instructions were never looked at. I simply swapped the ECU out, looked at the settings and I was off. Traction control is not a feature that they really advertised heavily on the Vortex. I got all of the traction I could ever want in the Enduro map setting last week in Colorado, I can't imagine needing additional interference to attempt to get more. That said, I would like to try it. 

17 hours ago, RacerAV said:

instructions

13 hours ago, Tex68w said:

Haha, nope, the instructions were never looked at. I simply swapped the ECU out, looked at the settings and I was off. Traction control is not a feature that they really advertised heavily on the Vortex. I got all of the traction I could ever want in the Enduro map setting last week in Colorado, I can't imagine needing additional interference to attempt to get more. That said, I would like to try it. 

I've only had one good ride on the vortex and it was with map 1. It was tons better than stock form so looking forward to trying the other maps out. Too bad its not easier to access the map switches.

20190723_072544.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Liebre said:

I've only had one good ride on the vortex and it was with map 1. It was tons better than stock form so looking forward to trying the other maps out. Too bad its not easier to access the map switches.

20190723_072544.jpg

I have the FMF exhaust so I have run Best Power map as #6 and Enduro map as #7 (#1 and #2 respectively for Yosh users). I ran the Best Power Map prior to our Colorado trip but when I was there I ran it in the Enduro map the entire time and it was the proper map for those conditions and style of riding. I have swapped it back to the Best Power map upon returning home and I'll likely run it in that map setting unless I am doing a lot of slow technical riding.

I have considered the handlebar switch but I am not sure it is worth the cost and effort for what essentially takes me only a couple of minutes to change by removing the side plastics. If you don't have the IMS tank you can drill a small hole in the side plastic and give yourself access to the dial that way without having to remove anything. Unfortunately the lower side wing of the IMS tank blocks this access. 

17 hours ago, RacerAV said:

Ooh Rabaconda...I need one in my life. I haven't decided on tires yet but looking into the nitro mouse thing. I'm usually a M5B guy when it comes to rear tires but since they went to the evo I've been sorta lost lol. The new STI tech 2 pro D I might give a try...maybe fatty's up front.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Liebre said:

Ooh Rabaconda...I need one in my life. I haven't decided on tires yet but looking into the nitro mouse thing. I'm usually a M5B guy when it comes to rear tires but since they went to the evo I've been sorta lost lol. The new STI tech 2 pro D I might give a try...maybe fatty's up front.

Goldentyre is all you need. Put a 216AA Fatty up front and a 333N or 232N out back depending on your dominant riding conditions. You can thank me later lol. 

• Like 1

My pops and I rode some single track, he on the WR and me on the CRF. I love the CRF so far, it's awesome!

Dual Sports (6).jpg

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ricksnod said:

My pops and I rode some single track, he on the WR and me on the CRF. I love the CRF so far, it's awesome!

Dual Sports (6).jpg

Nice combo!

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 4:36 PM, Ricksnod said:

Dual Sports (6).jpg

Which CRF?