surfer-dude

Beta 4 strroke carbon fiber

8 hours ago, surfer-dude said:

Any pics for a flatland guard?

None made for current Beta 4 stroke... I think? Good pricing and super good strength.. just see the site I guess. I asked them about a year ago and they never got back to me.. Maybe time to call and ask again . When I called a while back whoever answered the phone didn’t sound enthusiastic about a new Beta guard.. Maybe I called on a bad day.

https://www.google.com/search?q=flatland+racing.+525+header+guard&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=svin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPyNfEuZ_bAhX-CDQIHQ88Aj0Q_AUIEygD&biw=414&bih=617

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Yo so i have had no luck finding the carbon fiber components that i want to run. I ordered a set of moose upper fork wraps and they were too long. Same with the p3’s. They didnt have anything for beta so i ordered for a 2017 ktm. So yeah that didnt work. And i ordered the header guard but it sticks out way too far.

So i have tried these things but it was all a wash.

Im not so sure that carbon fiber is gonna make it on my bike after all.

I tried but it just doesnt seem to make me happy.
Sooo...

11 hours ago, surfer-dude said:

Yo so i have had no luck finding the carbon fiber components that i want to run. I ordered a set of moose upper fork wraps and they were too long. Same with the p3’s. They didnt have anything for beta so i ordered for a 2017 ktm. So yeah that didnt work. And i ordered the header guard but it sticks out way too far.

So i have tried these things but it was all a wash.

Im not so sure that carbon fiber is gonna make it on my bike after all.

I tried but it just doesnt seem to make me happy.
Sooo...

What cf parts you talking about? I had cf fork guards on my Beta 300 rr . My bike was stolen with them on. I’m sure those are sold somewhere. I forgot what brand mine was. I think I bought mine on ebay.

These are the carbon fiber parts that i thought i was after:

IMG_1420.thumb.JPG.00424279906f1b9071d8c6402faa145d.JPG

The upper fork wraps are too long, and in order to use em id have to shave them down. And as for the header heat guard, it just sticks too far out. The front tire already rubs the pipe and im pretty sure that it wouldnt last too long before i broke it. I’m running the goldentyre fatty front. With the forks at the first line down from top. But i use the entire travel as i like to acid drop off of stuff onto flat landings, pretty often. But i also like the suspension nice and plush like a Cadillac, so i have it set do that i bottom out every so often. I run way more rebound than compression.

Yeah i dont think the carbon fiber world has caught onto our beta 4 strokes. I guess im gonna look into those polisport front fork wraps and deal with burnt pants.

Another thought is to tig weld some nuts onto the header, and fabricate some kinda of heat shield like honda does with their stock crf450 exhuast pipes.

I got the Bayder header guard and it has been working/has worked very well as I have had at least 2 instances where, because the guard is all rashed-up, protected the pipe.  I think it is worth the money for the factory Bader carbon fiber 4S header guard.  No issues with fitment either.  

• Like 2

Hey does anybody know what the stock header is made out of?

I tried the old magnet test but no dice...

4 hours ago, surfer-dude said:

These are the carbon fiber parts that i thought i was after:

IMG_1420.thumb.JPG.00424279906f1b9071d8c6402faa145d.JPG

The upper fork wraps are too long, and in order to use em id have to shave them down. And as for the header heat guard, it just sticks too far out. The front tire already rubs the pipe and im pretty sure that it wouldnt last too long before i broke it. I’m running the goldentyre fatty front. With the forks at the first line down from top. But i use the entire travel as i like to acid drop off of stuff onto flat landings, pretty often. But i also like the suspension nice and plush like a Cadillac, so i have it set do that i bottom out every so often. I run way more rebound than compression.

Yeah i dont think the carbon fiber world has caught onto our beta 4 strokes. I guess im gonna look into those polisport front fork wraps and deal with burnt pants.

Another thought is to tig weld some nuts onto the header, and fabricate some kinda of heat shield like honda does with their stock crf450 exhuast pipes.

I bought cf upper fork guards that fit my 13 Beta 300. 

Check fmf etc and put a clamp so you don’t have to weld nuts to your pipe. 

The cf pipe guard doesn’t fit??? Id rather that than burning pants. 

This one??

47FA79C2-16FC-40F0-A529-8F04C17ED39F.png

Is the cf fork guard you have for below the bottom triple clamp?

https://www.google.com/search?q=beta+carbon+fiber+fork+guard&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjE-9TT_r3eAhVmjVQKHUDXDJQQ_AUIEygC&biw=414&bih=617

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Nope, those fork guards dont fit my bike. Like I said, I'd have to shave them down, but then they would unravel at the ends just like fiberglass, unless I was to recoat it or some thing. But I dont know how CF works. Ive used it in the past and when it cracked I remember getting splinters from it and chucked it. I dont want to start off with new expensive parts that do the same thing. 

My goldentyre 90/100 fatty front already rubs the header from time to time, this guard sticks out at least 3/4". It wont last if I run it, the tire will hit it, and break it. I'm not gonna change the tire that adds performance to the machine, just for something as trivial asa heat shield. I can do better!

I've been looking into heatsheilds so I dont burn my pant and kneepads no more. Becuase already too many of my street clothes has burns in them like I dropped the blunt or something, and all my ride gear is the same way butinstead of near the crotch cuz my street clothes are a little baggy, my ride gears all burned in the knee areas I'm super bummed on it.

lots of nice addidas shorts that are burnt. I think mostly from checking to see if the bike was warmed up yet.

If you got any ideas post em up, I'm open to all ideas, but I'm out of them. The only idea I have now is to make my own, I just dont know what the headers made out of. I have a few different welding machines, that will do aluminum and steel alloys. Not so sure about titanium, but I also know lots of badass fabricators here in LB and bellflower, so now that I have the desire I'm sure that I'll come up with something cool. 

I never burned my pants on the crf exhaust. so thats my inspiration, unless you got a better idea. It needs to be low profile, so welding some nuts and bolting it to the actual exhuast pipe is the best idea. clamps suck..

Edited by surfer-dude

On 11/5/2018 at 9:42 AM, surfer-dude said:

Nope, those fork guards dont fit my bike. Like I said, I'd have to shave them down, but then they would unravel at the ends just like fiberglass, unless I was to recoat it or some thing. But I dont know how CF works. Ive used it in the past and when it cracked I remember getting splinters from it and chucked it. I dont want to start off with new expensive parts that do the same thing. 

My goldentyre 90/100 fatty front already rubs the header from time to time, this guard sticks out at least 3/4". It wont last if I run it, the tire will hit it, and break it. I'm not gonna change the tire that adds performance to the machine, just for something as trivial asa heat shield. I can do better!

I've been looking into heatsheilds so I dont burn my pant and kneepads no more. Becuase already too many of my street clothes has burns in them like I dropped the blunt or something, and all my ride gear is the same way butinstead of near the crotch cuz my street clothes are a little baggy, my ride gears all burned in the knee areas I'm super bummed on it.

lots of nice addidas shorts that are burnt. I think mostly from checking to see if the bike was warmed up yet.

If you got any ideas post em up, I'm open to all ideas, but I'm out of them. The only idea I have now is to make my own, I just dont know what the headers made out of. I have a few different welding machines, that will do aluminum and steel alloys. Not so sure about titanium, but I also know lots of badass fabricators here in LB and bellflower, so now that I have the desire I'm sure that I'll come up with something cool. 

I never burned my pants on the crf exhaust. so thats my inspiration, unless you got a better idea. It needs to be low profile, so welding some nuts and bolting it to the actual exhuast pipe is the best idea. clamps suck..

I bet those fork guards you have are for below the lower triple clamps for your forks. 

These got different lengths. 

http://www.pdi-racing.com/lightspeed-fork-wrap-set-254mm-10-0-212-00090/?gclid=CjwKCAiAt4rfBRBKEiwAC678KcCRAM4kCLVWSc5U2dXSc75z_yHN7hsEIFlN1PwamY6T6uC_LlFTEBoCaXcQAvD_BwE

I bet those fork guards you have are for below the lower triple clamps for your forks. 

These got different lengths. 

http://www.pdi-racing.com/lightspeed-fork-wrap-set-254mm-10-0-212-00090/?gclid=CjwKCAiAt4rfBRBKEiwAC678KcCRAM4kCLVWSc5U2dXSc75z_yHN7hsEIFlN1PwamY6T6uC_LlFTEBoCaXcQAvD_BwE

Correct, but they were still too long. I’m over it, just gonna do some polisports.
  • Like 1