2019 Honda CRF450L Dual Sport has been announced!

from every news outlet I've read about the thing? Honda says it's a 450r/x with all the extra stuff to make it street legal and a 6th gear....last I checked the 250r/x had a bit more aggressive maintenance schedule than the 250l. I'd assume this would hold true here.

http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/things-to-know-honda-crf450l/

"We asked Honda and they said that the CRF450L has an oil change interval of 600 miles and a valve check interval of 1,800 miles."

250l manual says oil change every 8k miles? I can't find the valve check interval, but I know it's more than 1,800 miles.

for what it is, and for someone hammering the thing in the woods. I'm certain those numbers aren't actually bad...but it definitely sounds like more frequent maintenance is required than on the 250l....which is why it should be taken into account when comparing the two, or thinking about switching between the two.

I really think there's no way Honda will produce a streetable bike with oil changes every 600miles or valve checks every 1800. It may not be as good as the 250L but I bet it's at least 2000 for oil and 5000 for valves.

6 hours ago, Alan C said:

Has anyone any info on where the 450L is going to be manufactured?  Japan - Thailand - US?  (I'm hoping they may get around to a Thailand produced variant, just to kick the Import Tax into touch!)  

Going to be manufactured in Japan...the kicker is that 'if' it comes to Thailand we'll more than likely get the Euro 4 version which only has 25HP...not the US 40+HP version

Is that the first oil change and valve adjust or the regular intervals??

Went and found the article, very interesting. http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/things-to-know-honda-crf450l/

10 hours ago, congewe said:

An article on advpulse.com states its manufactured in Japan.

Also claims HP to be in the 40s according to Honda.

Oil change at 600 miles, valve adjustment at 1,800 miles.

Edited by Evan D

I built a 08 450X into a 'street bike' years ago, light kit electrical system upgrade and away it went, just had to put it back to 'off road' moved and because Nebraska does not allow 'off road' per serial number to be licensed.  I am on the list for one of the first in the area.  If it performs anywhere need the X model should be a hoot in the 'dual purpose' class out here and a tolerable road bike.  Unlike the 250L, a road bike pretending to be a dirt bike, just hope we don't get a dirt bike pretending to be a road bike.  Compromise is a hard sell anymore.

21 hours ago, Evan D said:

Show me any motorcycle that the new price has gone down...

Got an ‘05 450x for $6,200 out the door in Sept of ‘05.   List was much greater.  Competition in this segment is a good thing and long over due.

2 hours ago, notime said:

Got an ‘05 450x for $6,200 out the door in Sept of ‘05.   List was much greater.  Competition in this segment is a good thing and long over due.

Oh, I agree the dealers price will fluctuate but I was really saying the MSRP. I used to work for the Honda dealer here in Charlotte and got my 2014 new in early 2014 for $4k out the door. People here called me a liar... But that is the dealers prerogative, end of year, special financing, etc can get the price down (even if it costs a bunch more with financing or add on's).

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2018 at 9:45 PM, HondaFred said:

I like the new 450L. This is what we all were trying to make ours to be when they first came out.  Big bore kits, wheels, suspension, exhaust, fuel tuner, etc.  I spent an additional $3500 on my 250L over purchase price, but I don't have a big bore kit or upgraded wheels. Those two things alone would have added at least another $1500, then I would have a $10k 250L.  So now we are able to buy a 450L, which appears to be ready to go without mods, for about the same as the 250L all modded out.  AND LESS WEIGHT!  Seems like a good deal to me. I for one can't wait for more info and for them to hit the showrooms.

jesus man, you bought a new 250L and dropped 35 hun on it ??? wtf, and still had a small, slow, sled. Why not just buy a Beta/KTM/Husky 500 that already has all that PLUS will haul F'n azz

• Like 1

jesus man, you bought a new 250L and dropped 35 hun on it ??? wtf, and still had a small, slow, sled. Why not just buy a Beta/KTM/Husky 500 that already has all that PLUS will haul F'n azz

One, because it’s a Honda. Two, because I didn’t want the maintenance that comes with those you mentioned. Three, because I had a blast tearing the bike apart and putting it back together with all the mods. Four, it sits more than I ride it but because it is a Honda, it’s ready to go when I am.

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to 2019 Honda CRF450L Dual Sport has been announced!