Jump to content

colorado BRDOHV: May OHV Meeting (5/24)

Recommended Posts

Sorry for the short notice!!!  Next meeting is Thurs, May 24th starting at 5pm here at our office in north Boulder (2140 Yarmouth Ave.)

 

NEW this month is a conference call line that people can call into if they can’t make it!

·         Simply call 888-844-9904 (don’t worry its FREE)

·         When prompted dial the Access Code 9066578

·         Please put your phone on mute so we don’t hear background noise, it can be distracting.

 

Agenda:

Planning:

Ø  Next Meeting?

Ø  Lefthand – no updates.

o   Lefthand Motorized Roads and Trails Project (what we all call Lefthand OHV – has been entered into the SOPA: http://www.fs.fed.us/sopa/state-level.php?co.

o   Inventory report – out to the public?

Ø  Recreation Sports Shooting – in case you are interested in what’s going on see this website http://www.sportshootingpartners.org/             

Ø  Annual VSAs – We have signed agreements from TRR and OSCO, still waiting on VSAs from NORAC and Rising Sun!!!

 

Adopt-A-Trail Project Specifics

Bunce (NORAC/Backbone Dates Need to Reschedule)

·         Opening clean-up

·         Extend fence around main shooting area on 217

·         (new) 105 Gate bypass blocking

·         Sign routes for positive reinforcement

·         Ground cover dispersal – mulch from BLRA

·         NORAC adopting just the 203 (T33 road) and Backbone has already adopted the remaining.

Park/Cave Creek: (Backbone/NORAC Date Reschedule & June 16th)

·         Check on and sign historic uphill route, ensure people are staying off.

·         Fencing for braided sections, many locations – 200 feet of fence and signage necessary.

·         Camping area fencing, restoration work, and signs. – 80 feet of fence.

·         End of 202.C two sections fence blocking illegal extension of 4WD which turns to ATV trail. – 30 feet of fence.

·         End of 202.1 – block route from extending past MVUM, about 40 feet of fence and some signage.

·         End of 201.1 needs some blocking – 60 feet of fence and signage.

Caribou: (NORAC Dates June 30th, Pre-trip assessment June 17th)

·         Abandoned vehicles on trail?  Black ranger?

·         Repair sections of fence (Northern most campsites) - 140 feet of fence.

·         Hazard tree assessment of designated campsites.

·         Replace fence on Boulder Watershed property? – 300 feet, they are buying?

o   Eric Johnson 303-258-3259

§  Left VM on 3/30 @ 1400

MSV/Coney: (TRR Dates June 23/24)

·         Meet at Parking lot 9am, overnight camping at flats

·         Opening – probably a lot of trees to remove.

·         Check on mud hole fix and possible soft spot developing just south of fix.

·         Coney Dry lake bed 200’ fence building (stump and rail)

o   Matt C. to survey for trees to use the day prior?

o   Hole log across short stumps fence, some material delivered to site.

o   Stay the Trail was willing to possibly donate materials

·         MSV mud hole bypass bridge plank replacement

o   Check with Eng. on bridge replacement – check with Matt H and Jon on construction.

o   Most materials delivered to site.

o   24” wide, 7 sections 8’ long, 2 sections of 29.5” long steps at ends

o   2 logs 8’ long and 2 16’ logs – native local material.

·         MSV first obstacle replacement huge sign – 4WD high clearance only

o   Sign just needs to be installed.

·         Unauthorized route blockage

Miller Rock: (TRR Date June 9/10)

·         Obstacle repair south of St. Vrain Creek, rock outcrop

o   Engineering has made some recommendations using gabion baskets.

§  Gabion baskets are in stock.

§  Fabric already in stock.

§  Rock drill and ¾” bit x 12” for rebar anchors.

§  Rebar ½”

§  We have a jackhammer and hammer drill with mason bits.

§  Generators

Kingston/Mammoth: (NORAC Dates July 21-22?  Pending weather)

·         Coordinate with Scott Makey 720-504-5507 from Rising Sun (CCRD side of Mammoth)

·         Two vehicles stuck still (Landcruiser and Cherokee)– will likely keep gates closed until this has been removed.

o   Might look at closures sooner rather than later – chat with Brandt at CCRD

·         Fence repair work just west of the gate on James Peak road – 80 feet of fence

·         Meadow flats – Karen – sent e-mail 3/30

Jenny Creek: (Rising Sun Date TBD)

·         Buck-n-rail where needed, common bypasses.

·         Will need to assess the mud-bog area between Jenny and Rollins road.

·         Post and cable maintenance

·         Campsite restoration

Switz Trail: (OSCO Dates Sat. May 5th)

·         RECAP!

·         Spring Clean-up run

·         Campsite restoration/obliteration

·         Inventory signage needs

·         Check on social routes and block as necessary

Rollins Pass Road: (OSCO Sun July 15th)

·         Trail Clean-up run

·         Jenny Lake camping area plan and modification

·         Bypass route near the top needs to be blocked and re-vegetated.

 

MHJC – New Patrol 19 – looking to adopt maybe Rock Creek or Johnny Park?

 

Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone again!

 

Jared Smith

Developed & Dispersed

Recreation Manager

USDA Forest Service

Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests &

Pawnee National Grassland

Boulder Ranger District

p: 303-541-2508

f: 303-541-2515

jaredasmith@fs.fed.us

2140 Yarmouth Avenue 
Boulder, CO 80301
www.fs.usda.gov/arp

Caring for the land and serving people

 

 





This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.

-- 
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups BoulderRD_OHV group. To post to this group, send email to boulderrd_ohv@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to boulderrd_ohv+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/boulderrd_ohv?hl=en
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BoulderRD_OHV" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to boulderrd_ohv+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be clear, I am merely forwarding this email I received from the email list.  I am not part of any of those organizations.

I did attend one of these meetings about 2-3 years ago.  My work schedule does not allow me to attend these in Boulder at that time.  Now that they offer a dial in I will try to attend remotely if possible.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Carl S said:

Just to be clear, I am merely forwarding this email I received from the email list.  I am not part of any of those organizations.

I did attend one of these meetings about 2-3 years ago.  My work schedule does not allow me to attend these in Boulder at that time.  Now that they offer a dial in I will try to attend remotely if possible.   

I attend this meeting on a regular basis and have done so since the flood of 2013. I would urge any an all to attend to let the Ranger District know that there are constituencies in this district other than MTB folks and hikers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×