Roczen Bike

51 minutes ago, KableXL said:

Honest question...I haven't owned a Honda since my 1985 CR500 that I used to race desert and eventually MX.  Please educate me on why it has the "Y" off the headpipe and two mufflers.  Seems like unnecessary additional weight to me.

img002.jpg

Edited by yzernie

2 hours ago, jz125 said:

I think it is about time. Why are Japanese just standing back while KTM takes advantage of the production rule? Because the Japanese are not interested in bike development, rather they do enough to sell bikes, no more. But at the minimum, they are exploring the market. I doubt seriously it will ever be more than small changes.

The bad side of this is they better get their head out of the sand and start supplementing their line with affordable bikes, oh like a 2 stroke. 11 grand for an off the floor MX bike? You can't be serious!

The Japanese only stay in high-end markets if their is a sufficient volume and their big market was the USA. But we don't buy that many dirtbikes anymore, it is easier to park our fat asses on ATVs and SxSs. Small inexpensive bikes and scooters do well in Asia for transportation and the Japanese companies are doing volume there.

I think you are right they are exploring to see if the aging 40+ crowd with disposable income has recovered from the recession and will spend a little cash to remember the good old days.

Affordable bikes don't sell anymore even the Chinese don't find the volume good enough. Kids ride 4-wheelers now. If affordable bikes sold, the Chinese would be doing a booming bike business but they are not. Remember those early to the market Japanese bikes in the 1970s were often cheap for a reason, their quality improved as the market grew.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, yzernie said:

Honest question...I haven't owned a Honda since my 1985 CR500 that I used to race desert and eventually MX.  Please educate me on why it has the "Y" off the headpipe and two mufflers.  Seems like unnecessary additional weight to me.

img002.jpg

I think it’s more marketing than function but the twin exhaust does increase the header length while keeping the mufflers tucked in tight. They are getting the exhaust length they need and the weight is more centralized while staying within the sound limits

Other manufactures are doing the same with less complicated systems and FMF sells single sided systems for the CRF. The Suzuki is a good example of how far back the weight is in order for them to get the header length they need

340B5E41-195C-498A-AD7B-BD9B357A842A.jpeg.d4748f4502d63b1fb62b1fc8eb7e559f.jpeg

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

I think it’s more marketing than function but the twin exhaust does increase the header length while keeping the mufflers tucked in tight. They are getting the exhaust length they need and the weight is more centralized while staying within the sound limits

Other manufactures are doing the same with less complicated systems and FMF sells single sided systems for the CRF

It really is amazing the technology that goes into these modern bikes....even Red Death!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yzernie said:

It really is amazing the technology that goes into these modern bikes....even Red Death!!!

I haven’t ridin the new Honda...haven’t even seen one in the woods...but the magazines seem to like the handeling. Honda should stick with this chassis for the next 10 years and tweak it into perfection

• Like 1