I need to replace my chain and sprockets, need your opinion....

I will be replacing my chain and sprockets pretty soon. Renthal Sprockets came on this bike when I bought it used.  I had Moose Racing sprockets on my last bike and they lasted a long time. I am wondering what everyone else is using and what they think of it..   what’s the best way to go with? 

ED650B89-C2ED-42EE-AED5-1E1D6476FEF4.jpeg

67092667-B48F-4BB6-A839-A3139024ABDF.jpeg

49 minutes ago, CSAR FE said:

Dirt Tricks Ironman sprockets are the only way to go, in my opinion. They last forever. I usually run a DID narrow X ring chain as well. This combination is bulletproof.

Those are some expensive sprockets! I ran them once. The rear outlast the front and chain. What do you do, reuse it?

I like the Supersprox Rear Steel Sprocket for $40. I use the Primary Drive XTS Front Sprocket ($12) and run 2-3 per rear and chain. Fronts wear the fastest and wear out the whole system.  Check out chainboss.com ....some good deals on high-end sealed chains!

• Like 1

Dirt Tricks Ironman sprockets are the only way to go, in my opinion. They last forever. I usually run a DID narrow X ring chain as well. This combination is bulletproof.

Yup! Rear sprocket will last two chains and four fronts if you change them as they wear. You will sell the bike before the rear wears out.

2 hours ago, 2strokes_rule said:

I like the Supersprox Rear Steel Sprocket for $40.

+1 on Supersprox

• Like 1

You don’t need a rear sprocket, get you a JT front and a DID Xring chain and go ride.

your rear isnt that bad at all.

DID 520 o ring chain and primary drive sprockets for me.

Ive run many of the primary drive sprockets and a few chains. Ive decided the fronts arent a bargin and now use name brands for 20$. The rears last for 2 fronts. 

I recently looked at my friends iron man rear sprocket that was put on maybe 8 years ago. Its horrible but has tons of hours on it. Im wondering if the $ is worth it. I dont play around with gearing like i used to. 

I have an ironman sprocket on my 250 sx that has outlasted probably 3 O-ring chains.  Only now is it starting to show some wear.  I would definitely get another one.  Primary Drive chains seem to work fine, but they are wider and heavier than others, so much so, that you need to buy several masterlinks as their width causes them to wear rapidly.