Looking for riding buddies, northern Colorado (Fort Collins Area?)

Hey guys. So, I finally got to take my somewhat newly acquired kdx 220 out this weekend. It has been sitting in the garage since October or so of last year when I purchased it. I have been dialing in the jetting and just replaced the gas tank due to a massive leak the previous owner failed to disclose(The previous owner put ample amounts of jb weld in/ on the tank and I definitely should have noticed it. Rookie buying mistake). I took it to Kelly Flats, an off road trail about 30-45 minutes up Poudre canyon. Unfortunately I do not have any riding friends yet so I decided to tackle it myself with the presumption that there would be people there to help me should a problem arise on the trail (its memorial weekend, after all...and there were people just no dirt bikers). Let me tell you I had an absolute blast. There was a good variety of terrain, the weather was excellent, and the bike ran like a top. I surprised myself with how I rode, really. I haven't ridden off road since I was maybe thirteen or fourteen and riding that bike almost feels like second nature to me. I think my mountain biking/ street bike experience helped immensely. Unfortunately I did get the opportunity to befriend any riders there (there weren't any) but on my way home I saw lots and  lots of people with motorcycles heading that direction. Bummer. Anyhow, it would be really cool if I could meet up with a few of you and ride that or another trail again in the coming weeks/ months. Riding solo is definately fun but to actually know a few people in the riding community would be awesome. Message me if any of you would be up for it. Cheers.

P.S. Thank you everyone who suggested a 2 stroke/ the kdx. Keeping the bike on the pipe is too much fun. I just don't feel it would be the same on a thumper (no offense to any of you). Different strokes for different folks I guess (pun intended).

Edited by Justn1k
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Frederick/Longmont-area.  My buddy and I head to Rampart several times a month;  usually get there early afternoon when it isn't so busy.  We also hit up Jeep trails in the area and IMI.  I've done Kelly Flats in my Jeep; how was it on a bike?  Did you do Heart Attack Hill or the bypass?  Feel free to message me, and I'll give you my number and we'll make plans.  Also check out NCER on Meetup.  Also check out the 'Longmont to FC Dirt Bikers' group on Facebook.

We'll also be at the Poker Run at Rampart on Sunday, if that interests you.

• 3 weeks later...

Feel free to come to our next NCTR meeting (Northern Colorado Trail Riders).    We meet the second Tuesday of every month at Elite Motorsports in Loveland at 7pm.  We are a trail riding group and we do work rides every weekend in June to clear downed trees.  We’ve already cleared the Snyder Creek trail system, Grizzly Helena, Swamp Creek, Killpecker and Donner.  Due to the low snow this year, we are already done with the work rides this year.

NCTR.net or check us out on Facebook. 

Edited by dhdrider