Cant get my cr125rl started

Just rebuilt my honda cr125 1990 had the cylinder resleeved and new piston and ring just the usual stuff that goes with that new gaskets and such but it just wont start i checked the reeds and they have no damage but i have ordered new ones any way its getting fuel and a spark i carried out a compression test and it stops about 110psi i cant bump as dont have the room and when i open the throttle i am getting blow back through the carb into the air box i have never came across this prob before could it be an upside down piston ring and the reed valves i read some where about someone having to flip over the piston ring before they could get their bike started 

Edited by Hello Everyone
Missed info out

110 is really,really low! It should be 150+

So my guess is you may have a blown crank seal? Check for oil behind the flywheel! This would be a clear sign. Instead if it made smoke it would be the blown right side seal.

Did you mount the piston correct? There is a fore and aft direction! If you have a window on the piston it should face to the intake. The ring needs to be installed with the mark facing up.

New gasket on the head? You can't re-use the Honda gaskets!

• Like 1

I hope your rebuild is better than your grammar!

Yeah it's kind of funny how a guy says he rebuild his engine but he can't construct a complete sentence or even a sentence we can read.

This is still another "I rebuilt my engine and now it won't start" thread.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2018 at 6:01 AM, nino said:

So my guess is you may have a blown crank seal? Check for oil behind the flywheel! This would be a clear sign. Instead if it made smoke it would be the blown right side seal.

Did you mount the piston correct? There is a fore and aft direction! If you have a window on the piston it should face to the intake. The ring needs to be installed with the mark facing up.

Cheers bud al give the seals another check 

On 30/05/2018 at 1:31 PM, arthur6 said:

Yeah it's kind of funny how a guy says he rebuild his engine but he can't construct a complete sentence or even a sentence we can read.

This is still another "I rebuilt my engine and now it won't start" thread.

Thats predictive text bud al remember and check my p's and q's next time 

Its a real bummer when people reply to a topic to talk down the original poster, when you can understand what they are asking, and they give you enough information to start a discussion. Even if he didn't provide any information there is no place for a negative comment, especially when someone is only asking for advice.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Pygmy Warrior said:

I am not interested in trying to decipher what you are asking! It takes my time too!! 

A never asked you tae you chose tae answer am sorry a dont speak or write the queens English but am scottish and al write whit ever way a want if ye dont like it then dont read it simple as that 

1 hour ago, twinstar king said:

Its a real bummer when people reply to a topic to talk down the original poster, when you can understand what they are asking, and they give you enough information to start a discussion. Even if he didn't provide any information there is no place for a negative comment, especially when someone is only asking for advice.

Its called ignorance if he had nothing to say productive then why jump in 

3 hours ago, On_The_Pipe said:

As has been mentioned make sure the piston is installed the proper direction.   I'd be checking that first.  

I double check everything before putting the head on the ring marker is facing up on the top of the piston it has in stamped on it so that would go to the inlet manifold i will pull the head today and put new seals and gaskets on again i always keep 2 or 3 full gasket kits and seals just in case thanks bud 

On 29/05/2018 at 6:01 AM, nino said:

I swapped the seal over and you were spot on bud no idea why the other one failed it was the one that wiseco sent with the kit the one i put on came from seal and bearing place in scotland it is far stronger and has a far better seal think i will just swap the other side aswell thanks

Edited by Hello Everyone

• 2 weeks later...