Hello everyone, 

I am new here so i apologize if there is already a topic about the Honda MT250 Elsinore dirt bike.

I am just now starting a restoration on my 1976 MT250 Elsinore and I am trying to go through the bike now and see what is re usable and what ill need to replace. Im having trouble finding a good source for parts, possibly because they are now hard to find? im not sure, but i was hoping someone could shed some light on this. 

Im pretty sure my wiring harness is shot, and needs to either be remade or replaced if i can find a new remake of it. 

I also know ill be needed new bushings, seals, chain etc....

One more question! haha........ My bike doesnt currently have lights or a speedometer ( im not sure if it ever did, or if it was removed). Do i need to do any upgrades to the electrical system to add lights and a speedometer?

Any info would be greatly appreciated

• 1 year later...

The link below is from a search for MT250 here on TT.

https://thumpertalk.com/search/?q=MT250&type=forums_topic&nodes=47

Or try a Google search for Honda MT250 Forums. You'll see a couple of active forums with owners of your model. An owners forum is probably your best source for specific tech info and locating hard to find parts. My 2 cents for shopping for vintage bike parts on Ebay is it's a crapshoot for what it says vs what you get, or you may end up with Chinese knockoff.

Here's a '73/76 MT250 wiring diagram:

2019-07-30_134739.jpg.52d9d181de6b20a3a318c5fd1f384847.jpg

• Helpful 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/30/2019 at 11:36 AM, 76xtdrvr said:

The link below is from a search for MT250 here on TT.

https://thumpertalk.com/search/?q=MT250&type=forums_topic&nodes=47

Or try a Google search for Honda MT250 Forums. You'll see a couple of active forums with owners of your model. An owners forum is probably your best source for specific tech info and locating hard to find parts. My 2 cents for shopping for vintage bike parts on Ebay is it's a crapshoot for what it says vs what you get, or you may end up with Chinese knockoff.

Here's a '73/76 MT250 wiring diagram:

2019-07-30_134739.jpg.52d9d181de6b20a3a318c5fd1f384847.jpg

Loving you right now

Re-mx is a pretty good source of new and NOS parts. I've used partzilla for small, common OEM parts like bushings. CMSNL is likely to have some hard to find OEM parts but they are in Europe so expect to pay a premium for shipping. For anything you can't find on those sites, eBay is your best bet.

Vintage connections should have everything you need to build a new harness but 4r customs is an alternative if you need certain colors or gauges you can't find on vintage connections.

The MT250 was a road bike so you should be able to run a speedo and lights with no issue. 

Edited by Austin Hall
Added note about ebay
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...