MarantzManiac

18 Beta EVO piece of sheet fuel cap FIX!

I'm thrilled never to have to fook with that stupid plastic piece of sheet fuel cap again.  Thank you Ray Peters . Bravo!

VdcAcOg.jpg

vFe2hrf.jpg

Edited by MarantzManiac
  • Like 1

For whatever strange reason Beta went to a plastic cap for 2018. It's not easy to use when new, then swells and gets worse with use. Probably because of our gas here in the US, it's not as much of an issue in Europe. 

Biggest problem is the threads are also different for 2018 so you can't just use an older cap. Ray Peters makes a really nice replacement. 

• Like 2

That is funny seeing a GPS on a trials bike. I have been known to get lost in sections, maybe that would help?

• Like 1

Truth be told I'll probably never participate in a trials event. The thought of driving several hours just isn't my thing though I'm sure it would be loads of fun.

My primary purpose is to cross train skills, tackle obstacles to improve my riding and enjoy the great outdoors...

The Garmin Montana GPS can be easily moved from bike to bike... It is helpful to track riding time, locations, distance and set way point challenges... Some folks use their smartphones to do same...

0528181246.jpg0528181246d.jpg

0528181104d.jpg

Edited by MarantzManiac
  • Like 3

Looks like a fun place to play. And work on your japzaps on that tree.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nobade said:

Looks like a fun place to play. And work on your japzaps on that tree.

Exactly my thought..., except spent an hour ++ cleaning up space with Silky saw and was too dam exhausted to practice!

Planning to stuff 5lb Echo CS-2511T chainsaw, lots of water and OFF deep woods bug spray in backpack next time...

CS-2511T_callouts.png

Edited by MarantzManiac
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ninjabones said:

Who is Ray Peter's, and how do I order one?

Ray Peters has been an ambassador to the Trials sport for many years. Message him on facebook to order here

I use VP C12 and have not had the cap swelling problem which pretty much confirms it’s either ethanol or something used to boost octane in pump gas.

I got one of these caps, got it on my Evo. Looks like a winner. There is a video that Ray made showing you how to salvage/re-use the inner part of the Beta cap to get the one-way valve. His is billet aluminum, nicely machined.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pat22043 said:

I got one of these caps, got it on my Evo. Looks like a winner. There is a video that Ray made showing you how to salvage/re-use the inner part of the Beta cap to get the one-way valve. His is billet aluminum, nicely machined.

link to Beta Fuel Cap Rough Edit v1 VF720p

Edited by MarantzManiac

I spent a couple days with Ray last month.  Saw the billet cap he had made for his wife's EVO.  Also saw a lot of other projects he's into.  Not to mention getting to ride with and learn from him.  He's one talented (and very nice) guy!

On 12/1/2018 at 8:28 AM, markbfe501 said:

I spent a couple days with Ray last month.  Saw the billet cap he had made for his wife's EVO.  Also saw a lot of other projects he's into.  Not to mention getting to ride with and learn from him.  He's one talented (and very nice) guy!

Not sure all those adjectives fit Ray 😂

New cap built by Beta USA using Ray’s design (he’s not making them anymore) with a little added bling. 

Contact your dealer to get one, or I can help you out. 

FFA039D6-FD93-4948-AE0A-9232EB536A67.jpeg

F844DF48-AA3F-4D2D-965B-CDE3712A62DC.jpeg

• Like 2