michigan People to ride with near Bloomfield Hills and/or Traverse City

Just got my first trail bike and I am curious if there are any groups that meet up for rides near Bloomfield Hills or Traverse City since a lot of Detroit area people go up north regularly. I am new to off road riding, I don't want to hold anyone back but also don't really want to be out riding alone.

Any guidance would be massively appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I'm just West of Flint. I ride with my 13 year old who is a beginner as well, so you wouldn't slow us down at all. I don't know when our next ride will be, but you're welcome to come with us. I'll have a better idea after I visit the orthopedic doc on Wednesday. Clipped a tree with my shoulder 3 weeks ago and it's not getting better.

There are options for riding by yourself though if you want to make a day trip. The Mounds park in Mt. Morris is just north of Flint and has lots of different terrain to ride on. There are plenty of people around, so you can get your riding fix without fear of being injured out in the woods. They are open until dark everyday, so you could even do a weekday ride in the afternoon and not be home too late. 

If we are going riding anytime soon, I'll let you know and we can meet up. 

Cheers

Rikk

• Like 1

That would be great! Please do let me know next time you guys are gonna ride.

I was planning on giving Mounds a try. It looks like a great option.

Thanks!

-David

The mounds is a nice park but you have to keep your head on a swivel. If it is busy there are a lot of people in a small area with UTV, ATV and offroad trucks. A lot of people aren't paying attention and if you are on a bike you will lose every time. If we don't have time to go north we go there but make a point of getting there as they open and then only stay until it starts getting busy.

check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan CCCMI.net.  There are rides from May through October.  Trails for the rides will have estra arrows to maek sure you don't get ;lost and sweep riders to make sure you get home.  You can ride at your own pace or If you show up and don't know anyone talk to the folks at sign up they'll help you find someone to ride with.  (You can ride with me if I'm there).  Hang around after the ride and you'll meet people to ride with next time.

• Like 2