100/100-18 tube in a 110/100-18 tire

Hello friends, 

2 days ago, I was feeling to lazy to check my tire size and I bought two 100/100-18 tubes and then found out (once the package arrived) that my (rear) tire is a 110/100-18. Would these tubes still work? Is it in my better interest to return these tubes and buy the right size? They were bought off Rocky Mountain's website.

thanks in advance

yeah, they'll be fine.

Tube sizes are fairly generous anyways. 

Its rubber, it stretches.

My friend putted a 18 inch tube in a 21 inch tire once. It stretched but it never gave up.

Ya take a tube a filler up before putting it cus IMO they are like balloon's.

On another note I've use a 19" and a 21" tube in a couple of different situations in a 18" wheel and they worked fine at least in the short term so buddies could keep riding for a couple of days. I actually carry a light weight tube in my pack as a spare for use front/back in case I really need to change a flat on a ride (heaven forbid) :)

23 minutes ago, filterx said:

Ya take a tube a filler up before putting it cus IMO they are like balloon's.

On another note I've use a 19" and a 21" tube in a couple of different situations in a 18" wheel and they worked fine at least in the short term so buddies could keep riding for a couple of days. I actually carry a light weight tube in my pack as a spare for use front/back in case I really need to change a flat on a ride (heaven forbid) :)

I've used a 21 on the back wheel before in pinch but just to get home, they always seem to flat out if I ride too hard or too long on them. I think it's the friction from the tube folded up on itself. Definitely good for getting back to staging though.

20 minutes ago, schrode said:

I've used a 21 on the back wheel before in pinch but just to get home, they always seem to flat out if I ride too hard or too long on them. I think it's the friction from the tube folded up on itself. Definitely good for getting back to staging though.

Ya its a short term thing :)