Best off-road riding areas in north-central Oregon

Morrow Co OHV couldn't fit the bill any better with a huge variety of terrain ranging from easy Jeep trails to steep technical singletrack. Over 200 miles of trails and the premier camping and riding location with wonderful camping emmenities including free hot shower facilities, EMS personnel on site, a restaurant, tons of hookup sites, dry sites, and even A frame cabins. Exactly 3 1/2 hrs from Portland. Heck, there's even a stocked trout pond! Beautiful location between Heppner and Spray with amazing vistas and views.

Edited by firffighter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, firffighter said:

Morrow Co OHV couldn't fit the bill any better with a huge variety of terrain ranging from easy Jeep trails to steep technical singletrack. Over 200 miles of trails and the premier camping and riding location with wonderful camping emmenities including free hot shower facilities, EMS personnel on site, a restaurant, tons of hookup sites, dry sites, and even A frame cabins. Exactly 3 1/2 hrs from Portland. Heck, there's even a stocked trout pond! Beautiful location between Heppner and Spray with amazing vistas and views.

Cool, didn't know that existed. I went to Winom Frazier nearby Ukiah and had a great time two years ago!

Thanks! I'm going to look it up now on my Oregon maps. This place sounds absolutely perfect! I'm going to call a buddy from Bend, Oregon and see if he can meet me there. I'm driving down from Tri Cities area.

Edited by Blaze 57

1 hour ago, woods-rider said:

Riding at winom is better than the riding at morrow IMO.

Morrow has some very challenging steep singletrack if you look for it. Ride all of 60, 59. Climb 83. Do all of G1 off of G3. There's enough there to challenge A riders for a day. 

There's plenty of other flowing fun stuff to keep you on your toes. It takes some time to figure out loops, but it's got some fun and challenging riding, been going there for 10 years straight. 

• Like 1

I’ll be stayin with family in Wiilemina near the TSF July 13-19. Would love to hook up with local riders for a singletrack tour.
I’m a solid intermediate plus rider, narrower the better, fast flow is fine too. Black diamonds are fine, but no extreme hard enduro.
Let me know if you’ve got a ride planned within an hour or so.
I ride a plated 350exc so pretty much anything is open for business

I’ll be stayin with family in Wiilemina near the TSF July 13-19. Would love to hook up with local riders for a singletrack tour.
I’m a solid intermediate plus rider, narrower the better, fast flow is fine too. Black diamonds are fine, but no extreme hard enduro.

Dude, willemina is like a mile from a huge riding area. Upper Nestucca all over and around Sheridan peak. You could drive up to Tillamook, but why?
  • Like 1

Dude, willemina is like a mile from a huge riding area. Upper Nestucca all over and around Sheridan peak. You could drive up to Tillamook, but why?

That’s just what I need to hear. I’m from northern Cali, never been in the area.
Keep the suggestions coming!

59 minutes ago, HeavyRotation said:
1 hour ago, mizzle415 said:

Read more  

The main road to Upper Nestucca main staging areas is closed for the summer unfortunately. Not sure what alternate access is to OHV

3 hours ago, HeavyRotation said:
3 hours ago, firffighter said:
The main road to Upper Nestucca main staging areas is closed for the summer unfortunately. Not sure what alternate access is to OHV

closed on both ends? There's 3 roads in

Not sure? The road from Willamina is the one that is closed. 

2 minutes ago, HeavyRotation said:

gotcha, yeah you can still go in from Carlton off 99W or from the coast on Beaver creek or bypass the willamina rd on Bible creek access. That road up Sheridan from willamina is super fun on a street bike.

I've only been the Carlton way once. It sounds like they may not do the poker run this year.

• Like 1

Just now, HeavyRotation said:
2 minutes ago, firffighter said:
I've only been the Carlton way once. It sounds like they may not do the poker run this year.

I've never actually ridden Nestucca but I've ripped pretty much every piece of pavement between I5 and the coast for 25 years.

Really? I prefer it to Tillamook. Way less use and less gravel road riding. It's a really fun place to ride.

• Like 1