Cant brake during a wheelie

so i just bought a 120cc pitter and practiced wheelies for about a week. Im already good at wheelies on my bicycle and can hold a balance point wheelie using rear brake for a solid 30 seconds. but on my pitter i can get up to balance point but my body just wont let me tap my rear brake when i need it. the only reason i dont loop out every time is because i drop the throttle and let engine brake take over. im not always so lucky tho :(

27 minutes ago, Fatt_Tones said:

It can be tough in riding boots.  Maybe you need a LHRB.

I usually don't ride in boots, I've tried both boots, hightops, midtops to no avail. Also I think I'd like to stick to footbrake

Edited by TheNoobStevio

Try raising the pedal and tightening up the slack. 

Im horrible at it. No idea why but i lose all control of my right foot in a wheelie. Sitting is worse than standing. 

I ran a lhrb for a little while and i was a pro by comparison. 

21 minutes ago, seer said:

Try raising the pedal and tightening up the slack. 

Im horrible at it. No idea why but i lose all control of my right foot in a wheelie. Sitting is worse than standing. 

I ran a lhrb for a little while and i was a pro by comparison. 

I'll give it a go, still though I think I've made a hit of progress on the foot brake by just using it even when I don't need it

• 4 weeks later...

well one week is not long enough (at least for me) to learn a wheelie. i have been slowly learning over the years on my xr100 and it finally clicked a few weeks ago when i started riding a lot more every day and trying to make myself go past balance point and not get freaked out. it takes a long time to re-program your instinct to just jump off when it goes past balance. i also like setting my brake a little above the foot pedal so it starts to engage when it is at the same level. 

Edited by MCRIPPPer
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 9:46 PM, TheNoobStevio said:

I usually don't ride in boots, I've tried both boots, hightops, midtops to no avail. Also I think I'd like to stick to footbrake

I am a time traveler. Those were some gnarly xrays of your amputated toes, dude. Should have listened to the 100,000 hours of wisdom captured by TT and worn riding boots. 👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LSHD said:

I am a time traveler. Those were some gnarly xrays of your amputated toes, dude. Should have listened to the 100,000 hours of wisdom captured by TT and worn riding boots. 👍

Lol that's pretty funny, mustve been my look alike because I think u got the wrong idea, I'm on pitbike barely going over 30 ever and I still wear a helmet and other stuff, but i also race in 85 B class and I'm used to wearing the gear and taking falls.

43 minutes ago, TheNoobStevio said:

Lol that's pretty funny, mustve been my look alike because I think u got the wrong idea, I'm on pitbike barely going over 30 ever and I still wear a helmet and other stuff, but i also race in 85 B class and I'm used to wearing the gear and taking falls.

You are mistaken. I know the future; you do not. 

I was doing wheelies on a Honda 50 and almost cut my foot in half when it landed on it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...