Dirt Bike Training Courses in Utah?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a dirt bike training course that I could put my wife through (and maybe myself)? We are located in Murray so if you know of anyone in Northern Utah, that would be great but we aren't opposed to traveling South either.

I know that there are guys out there that will help teach basic skills or even more advanced skills to help improve riding and I know that my wife would like to take a course on this to feel more comfortable on mountain trails and I honestly could use some tips to become a better rider myself (only been riding a few seasons now, and don't have a ton of experience although I can get through some moderately technical trails given enough time).

Heck, I may even want to put my daughter through the course too as we are hoping to get her a 110 at some point in the neat future.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

3 minutes ago, nobade said:

Might try www.dirtbikeschool.org

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately it doesn't look like there is anything in Utah but if push came to shove, I'm not opposed to traveling.

2 minutes ago, nobade said:

I just tried a Google search for dirt bike schools Utah and got several around Provo. NM is the same way, none of those MSF schools here either.

Yeah, I have found a few but I should have clarified that I was hoping for recommendations (for or against).

I took a course some time ago and it was mind numbingly basic (learn to shift, this is your clutch, and how to brake). So I would like to find a course for my wife that helps her navigate trails and various obstacles better.

For me, I still cant wheelie to get over an obstacle or up a rock face. So I would love to get some time to help me learn to do this.

I sure appreciate the help though!

• Like 1

It’s a trek, but Doug McDonald runs oregonmotorcyclerental.com he is based in the summers out of Hood River, OR and winters out of Wickenburg, AZ. He is a great guide to find some of the best terrain possible, but I can tell his true passion is teaching and training riders of all skill levels. He would be perfect to teach you and your wife whatever you want on a bike.

I have plans this fall to take my wife up there later this summer and get her a day lesson with him. I could teach her, but she doesn’t like/put up with instruction from me unfortunately she takes it as a personal attack or criticism.

As far as your daughter. I teach the MSF dirt bike school for our agency right here in Winnemucca, NV (~4.5 hours away) It’s a basic level course starting with how to prep and start your bike to traversing hills and k-turns. I have taken 6 and 7 years olds that have never touched a motorcycle through the class and by the end of the 5 hour course they were proficient with the throttle, brakes and balancing while riding.

I know several people who have gone to Skyler Howes training classes in St George. I’ve only ever heard great things regardless if it’s a kid, a woman, a newbie, or an expert.

If your not familiar with skyler, check him out! He is a total badass, focused mainly on rally type Offroad like Dakar style racing. He is an amazing desert racer and has all the skills to back up everything he teaches. I believe he’s only in his twenties, but is said to be a very humble relatable fun guy.
http:// http://www.skylerhowes110.com/schools.html

A more local option is out in Cedar Fort with Sorenson MX training. I’ve heard a lot of good things about this guy, but don’t know much about it personally. I have a 7 yo daughter that races MX and lots of kids her age have gone to his school.
http:// http://sorensenmxtraining.com/

• Like 1