Are 2 strokes dead in California?

21 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Def need a winch.  The only thing I don't like about it is you have to climb in and out the window when on the trailer. Might have gotten the over the fender tilt had I realized.  At the time I just wanted the low deck height. 

Means you have to leave the window down while car is on the trailer.  Unless it has a hatchback.  None of this occured to me.

im confused i havent seen too many tractors with windows

7 minutes ago, Riddlina said:

Git a reel car

A trukk lol

Real trucks should be towing the trailer not on it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Car Racer Matt said:

im confused i havent seen too many tractors with windows

Real trucks should be towing the trailer not on it.

I woold half too dis a gree with u, I half sean miny trukks pooling trailars with no peoblems uther them just over heeting on cacasion.

And I meen, a reel trukk, not won of thos shitty ECOpussi fords, know trukk shuud half a v6 ingine accept for a fivenineCummings, tahts ok in mi book 

• Like 1

Dammit Rid, you giving me a headache trying to read your posts

• Like 5

Just now, crfxer said:

Almost as bad as reading a newspaper nowadays(I'm old).  But thats from pounding my head against a wall:facepalm:

• Like 1

Same here - I could read TT in just a few minutes before Riddler had his stroke. Now it takes forever.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, CaveMike said:

Two Strokes alive .

Kate Spade dead *

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Dude check out my sweet new jump !

Just gotta gas it to clear the truck. :smirk:

20180605_131132.jpg.be6c059ac083ac344173493c384fdae7.jpg

I need one of those for my new tractor, how much was that sucker? I should be able to pull it with my little Tacoma.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mitchb said:
14 hours ago, crfxer said:

Same here - I could read TT in just a few minutes before Riddler had his stroke. Now it takes forever.

But did he have 2 strokes?? ;)

• Like 2

On 6/5/2018 at 9:23 AM, william burton linn said:

what is your opinion on owning a 2 stroke in Cali? even worth buying one? or are laws going to get better or worse on 2 smokes???

2-stoke vs 4-stroke is a personal favorite choice. I love my 2T. If they came and took it away tomorrow it was worth every cent I paid for the rides I have done on it. 

The real question - is a dirt only no plate bike worth buying in CA? That depends on the places you have to ride... for me the riding options shrink every year but there are still plenty. 

Future laws are not going effect existing bikes in the short term.. get out and ride what you want while you still can.. :ride:

Edited by DrKayak
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Speed-Freek said:

I need one of those for my new tractor, how much was that sucker? I should be able to pull it with my little Tacoma.

Its a beefy trailer...  over 3000 lbs empty...  equipment hauler rated 14000 gvwr...  I wanted something that could tow my forklift if needed.  Too expensive and over built for a standard car or light tractor hauler.  I registered it as 10000 gvwr so I can legally tow it with a civilians CDL.  :worthy:

Edited by Jeff aka Bolt
  • Like 2

I just got my first smoker 2 weeks ago.  Bought a 01 cr250 so I have a green sticker again!  It rips....really glad I bought it.  This means when the red sticker is down for maintenance Im not dead in the water!  Cant beat $1800.  

It seems as though 2 strokes are coming back hard....I went to the 2 stroke only race in Glen Helen a few months ago and I saw Hangtown had a 125 class when the big boys were there.

• Like 6

On 6/6/2018 at 0:32 PM, Riddlina said:

Taht treilar ways morr den you're jap miny truk

No problem, if I have trailer brakes I'm good to go! I have 400 RWHP in the miny Jap truck! I once towed my Camaro (3700#) on a 2800# trailer with NO trailer brakes, dont think Ill be doing that ever again! The trailer was actually driving the truck! 

On 6/6/2018 at 6:53 PM, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Its a beefy trailer...  over 3000 lbs empty...  equipment hauler rated 14000 gvwr...  I wanted something that could tow my forklift if needed.  Too expensive and over built for a standard car or light tractor hauler.  I registered it as 10000 gvwr so I can legally tow it with a civilians CDL.  :worthy:

I need one of those! 

Sheet, I may even need to go out and get an old Ford Diesel too...

• Like 1

I just got my '02 250 2 stroke 10 years ago $2K and 2 top ends, just raced the FMF 2 stroke challenge and plenty of smokers there. It's still far from dead.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2018 at 6:53 PM, Jeff aka Bolt said:

If you're hauling less than 10K lbs on said trailer you don't need a class A. If you get pulled over by CHP while towing (and they may weigh you) less than 10K lbs you're good to go presuming all is good with the trailer. Maybe a new law that I'm not aware of? The last trailer I bought for my tractors was around 2000.

Never heard of one registering a trailer for hauling less than 10K.

sent from one that tows a trailer with tractor that weighs 12K (and yes, unfortunately I do have a class A)

BTW, what kinda trailer izzat?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dyrtmon said:

If you're hauling less than 10K lbs on said trailer you don't need a class A. If you get pulled over by CHP while towing (and they may weigh you) less than 10K lbs you're good to go presuming all is good with the trailer. Maybe a new law that I'm not aware of? The last trailer I bought for my tractors was around 2000.

Never heard of one registering a trailer for hauling less than 10K.

sent from one that tows a trailer with tractor that weighs 12K (and yes, unfortunately I do have a class A)

BTW, what kinda trailer izzat?

It's pretty standard practice for persons who buy 14k trailers for personal use to have them registered as 10k trailers.  You are just buying an over built trailer.  But if you get pulled over with a trailer registered as a 14k they don't weigh it... it could be empty.  They just look at the reg and give you a ticket for towing a commercial trailer with a non commercial CDL.  Got this same info from a few trailer companies when I was shopping.  Only downside is I am not supposed to tow it above 10K.  But my truck couldn't handle it and I don't have a com CDL anyway.  So as far as CA is concerned I have an extremely overbuilt 10K trailer. :thumbsup:

Mine is a PJ.

• Like 3