Backyard Trials Obstacles

3 hours ago, Iffykid said:

http://trialstrainingcenter.com/schedule/trials-training-days/

Trials Training Center, Sequatchie Tn their spring trials draining days is worth the trip IMHO.

I may have to give them another shot.  I tried extensively by phone, email and their contact form to try to set something up last fall with them when I first bought the Beta.  Out of multiple attempts to contact them, they never once answered, replied, or called back.

1 hour ago, markbfe501 said:

I may have to give them another shot.  I tried extensively by phone, email and their contact form to try to set something up last fall with them when I first bought the Beta.  Out of multiple attempts to contact them, they never once answered, replied, or called back.

Dont know what the problem might be out of curiosity I just tried their number Carey answered on the 4-5 ring.:applause:

Phone: (423) 942-8688
Fax: (423) 942-8687

Office hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Central Time, Thursday – Monday; closed Tuesday, Wednesday

Charlie Roberts: Manager
(cell – 423.618.9786)

Carey Roberts: Event Coordinator
(cell – 770.313.1389)

Edited by Iffykid
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another day trying out my stuff.  Have a lead on a big concrete culvert and big equipment tires.  If my buddy can get them to my property . . .

Just picked up a spare bike for friends and family (CRF 230).  My son-in-law had a blast on it until he rode my Husky and realized what he was missing.  Kind of like a bike mini-bike, but the good news is friends and family won't hurt themselves too bad on it . . .

IMG_3931.JPG

IMG_3934.JPG

IMG_3935.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1353.JPG

• Like 2

On 6/28/2018 at 11:57 AM, Iffykid said:

Dont know what the problem might be out of curiosity I just tried their number Carey answered on the 4-5 ring.:applause:

Phone: (423) 942-8688
Fax: (423) 942-8687

Office hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Central Time, Thursday – Monday; closed Tuesday, Wednesday

Charlie Roberts: Manager
(cell – 423.618.9786)

Carey Roberts: Event Coordinator
(cell – 770.313.1389)

Well, it's not going much better this time with TTC.  After several attempts to call Carey, she finally answered last Tuesday.  Told her what I was looking for (2-3 days of private instruction for 1-3 riders, my schedule wide open as I'm retired), she indicated someone would get back to me to work on dates.  After not hearing anything for a week, tried calling her again today.  No answer, voicemail full.

So I tried Charlie.  He answered.  Said I need to talk to Carey.  After I explained I couldn't, he indicated they are losing their trials instructor, so looking for someone else.  Also said he's done after December.

So I really don't know whether TTC has a training option anytime soon until they sort out staffing issues.

Edited by markbfe501

On 6/28/2018 at 9:58 PM, LSHD said:

If you have a small backyard you can check out member Jacob429's YouTube channel for obstacle ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/user/drbeanish/videos

IMO the platform obstacle I built is the most versatile in terms of the amount of techniques that can be learned and applied to it. About a bike length, one side flat one side with a steep ramp. Japzaps, double blips, carrying the wheelie, braking and balance to hop up then stop on top, floater turns to wheelie off and and yourself up for the next obstacle. Seriously the best obstacle I've learned on, and I still made modifications to make it fresher and more challenging to keep learning. We will see how bad I am at trials stuff by the time I get back on it! It has been months since back yard or trials practice. 

The thing I wish I would have started doing sooner before an ankle injury started preventing me from doing the trials stuff (the impacts in trials are just right to reinjure it, yet the trail is fine), is multiple obstacles in quick succession. It doesn't take long to get good at one lone log or rock, but set a few up about bike length apart and you're in for an ass whooping. 

• Like 5

On 7/9/2018 at 4:37 PM, markbfe501 said:

Well, it's not going much better this time with TTC.  After several attempts to call Carey, she finally answered last Tuesday.  Told her what I was looking for (2-3 days of private instruction for 1-3 riders, my schedule wide open as I'm retired), she indicated someone would get back to me to work on dates.  After not hearing anything for a week, tried calling her again today.  No answer, voicemail full.

So I tried Charlie.  He answered.  Said I need to talk to Carey.  After I explained I couldn't, he indicated they are losing their trials instructor, so looking for someone else.  Also said he's done after December.

So I really don't know whether TTC has a training option anytime soon until they sort out staffing issues.

Spoke with Carey again yesterday.  No action taken on previous call.  Took my information and was told if I haven't heard from anyone by the end of August to call back.

Looking for other, more definite, options.

29 minutes ago, muddy udders said:

I just did a Ryan Young 2 day class and would highly recommend him.

Took the class through MITA Missouri Illinois Trials Assoc.

If you call rypusa they could give you the next scheduled classes. You might be able to get into one.

I spent a day with a guide out in Colorado last October.  Trying to get a week scheduled with him in August for both trials and enduro/cross-training.  Looking promising.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2018 at 5:00 PM, markbfe501 said:

I spent a day with a guide out in Colorado last October.  Trying to get a week scheduled with him in August for both trials and enduro/cross-training.  Looking promising.

Heading out tomorrow to Montrose, CO with both my EVO 4T and my FE501 for a week of riding with the guide I used last year.  My daughter-in-law also just got into offroad riding with my son, so she's flying in to do a 3 day one-on-one dirt bike school as well.  Should be a lot of fun.

I wish I had more features like these down in lower Alabama.  Trying to build as much as I can to replicate some types of obstacles.

IMG_7553.JPG.d445c62c52826ebd3fbfeaf7b2ed2a7d.JPGIMG_7517.JPG.2e3fda18902f1804858c63e005e7e4f3.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did some more clearing in the woods for my dirt bike loop through the property and put a stretch of loose, sketchy logs in one section, then built a small piling pyramid in another.  Planning to make a bigger piling pyramid over in the trials area.  Also have a large Hickory tree that fell in a recent hurricane.  Should end up with about a 15-20' long trunk to turn into another large log crossing somewhere.

IMG_2861.JPG

IMG_2856.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 months later...