Tahoe Gator

App Notifications not working.

Question

The “red dots” are no longer working in the notification center of the mobile app. Threads I follow that have new posts are not showing as having new content.

3 answers to this question

Yes.

A few other things worth trying to fix:

Long threads, when the notification sends you there, say it takes you to page 200, it is empty because the thread only goes to page 198, which you can get to by going all the way to the beginning, and then to the end, at which point 198 is that actual end and there are no pages 199 or 200.

Another is less a glitch and more a pet peeve. In the discussion feed, there are pictures inserted for each thread, but finding those pictures in the thread is a real pain because if you click on the thread, it takes you to the latest post, yet that picture might be anywhere else on any page of that thread. My suggestion: if you click the title, it takes you to the end like it does now, but if you click the actual picture, it takes you to the post that has that picture. If it is the picture that lures you, it should be easier to get to than page by page search.

• Helpful 1

Yes.

A few other things worth trying to fix:

Long threads, when the notification sends you there, say it takes you to page 200, it is empty because the thread only goes to page 198, which you can get to by going all the way to the beginning, and then to the end, at which point 198 is that actual end and there are no pages 199 or 200.

Another is less a glitch and more a pet peeve. In the discussion feed, there are pictures inserted for each thread, but finding those pictures in the thread is a real pain because if you click on the thread, it takes you to the latest post, yet that picture might be anywhere else on any page of that thread. My suggestion: if you click the title, it takes you to the end like it does now, but if you click the actual picture, it takes you to the post that has that picture. If it is the picture that lures you, it should be easier to get to than page by page search.

Agreed. I hate the picture thing as well... also my notifications are no longer working as of about a week ago. I have to check my subscribed page in order to see if anyone replied to my posts.

I understand you guys work hard on the app when there are bugs so get to it whenever but recently it seems there have been loads of bugs.