1992 DR250 Won't Start

Still not starting.  Very weak spark.  Decided to pull off cover to look at flywheel and mag.  Loosened up the screws and about a teacup full of oil ran out.  Do these mags run in oil?  

I can only talk for the DRZ400S which has the dynamo in oil. I know that since the dynamo cover cracked once, as the bike fell on the sidewalk. The gear lever made a crack in the cover and oil began to ooze. A new cover made me $100 poorer and it was scary to change it. I emptied the oil. Inside the cover the dynamo coils are mounted with several screws. I also had to remove the starter cover. 

No, the side cover should not have oil in it. By chance did the oil smell like gasoline? I know that my brothers bike had a petcock that leaked, causing the crankcase to fill with gasoline. The bike would not start. We took the vacuum petcock off and replaced with a manual one, and have not had any issues.

14 hours ago, RS16017 said:

Still not starting.  Very weak spark.  Decided to pull off cover to look at flywheel and mag.  Loosened up the screws and about a teacup full of oil ran out.  Do these mags run in oil?  

yes

So there you have it. 2 answers that totally contradict each other. 

The correct answer is yes. (Well according to the Clymer manual anyway)