Skyline Drive - Mayfield Cabin

Every year my buddies that I grew up with get together for a Dude’s Trip and go camping somewhere around Utah. 

Now we are getting older and can afford some toys and we all came up with something to ride. Dirt bikes, wheelers, and SxS machines were the mixture. 

Long story short, we rented an old log cabin (no power, out house, super rustic) and spent 5 days exploring up there. 

The trails were not hard, but the scenery blew my mind. And now I’m regretting not taking more than a couple pics. 

I’d highly recommend riding up here with your families. It is BEAUTIFUL up there!

I even got to go fishing for a bit and caught a brook trout that I cooked up at the campfire and enjoyed every bite. 

82019278-222D-4203-B3EE-64B0742667EB.jpeg

1BEB00F2-A8D7-4C7B-9534-925E34E9E567.jpeg

2013A0F8-CED7-4A6A-9FE8-C1469C034926.jpeg

05C79115-1786-4EAC-81EF-B5A01A1B405C.jpeg

• Like 4

Utah has some AMAZING scenery!  I've been up in that area before; nice pics!  We rode AF Single Track last week and it is so Beautiful way back there.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 6:31 PM, LRB said:

Every year my buddies that I grew up with get together for a Dude’s Trip and go camping somewhere around Utah. 

Now we are getting older and can afford some toys and we all came up with something to ride. Dirt bikes, wheelers, and SxS machines were the mixture. 

Long story short, we rented an old log cabin (no power, out house, super rustic) and spent 5 days exploring up there. 

The trails were not hard, but the scenery blew my mind. And now I’m regretting not taking more than a couple pics. 

I’d highly recommend riding up here with your families. It is BEAUTIFUL up there!

I even got to go fishing for a bit and caught a brook trout that I cooked up at the campfire and enjoyed every bite. 

82019278-222D-4203-B3EE-64B0742667EB.jpeg

1BEB00F2-A8D7-4C7B-9534-925E34E9E567.jpeg

2013A0F8-CED7-4A6A-9FE8-C1469C034926.jpeg

05C79115-1786-4EAC-81EF-B5A01A1B405C.jpeg

This might be perfect for a friend and I.  Do you have any more trail pics?  Did you ride the Arapeen trail system?  Maybe you could email me more info??  I could PM you my email address if you might be able to help me learn more.  Thanks!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dmac1 said:

This might be perfect for a friend and I.  Do you have any more trail pics?  Did you ride the Arapeen trail system?  Maybe you could email me more info??  I could PM you my email address if you might be able to help me learn more.  Thanks!

Sadly I didn't take a ton of pics because I was having so much fun riding and goofing off with my buddies.

You are right, we did the Arapeen Trail.

I downloaded Avenza Maps on my phone (free app) and then used the download at the very bottom of this website to add the Arapeen Trail to Avenza: http://www.utahatvtrails.org/ This worked out really well because it linked my GPS to the map and showed me exactly where I was on the trail system.

The trails I rode weren't technical, and Skyline Drive is super smooth. The side trails are rocky but not challenging. The scenery was epic though.

We accessed the trail system through Mayfield Canyon at the Pinchot loading area.

Feel free to PM me if you want more details.

One of my buddies shot me from his drone fishing this lake... all alone... it was so refreshing!

• Like 1

Took my wife up here to ride her new TTR-125 and probably made a bad call on this trip. 

We made a big loop of 56 miles on the first day and it beat her up pretty good. She said her butt hurt something awful after that ride. 

The next day we only got 25 miles in before she threw in the towel. 

It was sure pretty but the smoke from the nearby fires kind of made the place look hazy. 

Next time I’ll take her on a shorter first ride lol. 

C52A79A6-DBF1-48B0-B4E7-6DBA2DC78649.png

78AB8326-D9D9-4A85-8EEE-D723B790354A.png