Piney Woods

2018 Tacoma

9 posts in this topic

Still having auto trans issues or was this overblown? I am looking at one with the V-6, auto and two wheel drive.

i've had a 16 tacoma since new and i've not had a single problem with it; you'll find problems that come up on internet forums are not nearly as widespread a problem as the posters might have you believe.  i have two other friends with 16 or 17's and no issues to speak of.   of course there are always exceptions, and it's easy to find people complaining online, but i have not seen or had any issues.  good luck.

1 person likes this

:thumbsup: Looked at some today and if a salesman had the intelligence to come out of his AC office and engage me he probably would have made a sale. Is evidence of being a loser required when interviewing to be a car salesman?

3 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

:thumbsup: Looked at some today and if a salesman had the intelligence to come out of his AC office and engage me he probably would have made a sale. Is evidence of being a loser required when interviewing to be a car salesman?

i've purchased 3 new toyotas since 2013, the 3rd most recently just 2 weeks ago; you will find toyota salespersons are far less aggressive towards lot lurkers than other brands you may have purchased in the past. in all 3 purchases i was able to walk the lot unaccosted until i found a vehicle i wanted to buy, when i knew what i wanted i simply walked into the showroom and asked for help with a purchase, walked out an hour or two later with the car i went in to buy.  if you are waiting for someone to chase you around the lot before you buy a car then you likely don't want to buy as much as you claim; i tell someone what i want, and then i get it.  do the same and you'll have your new car soon enough...  *shrug*

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

It is.  I've found Toyota salesmen to be on a whole different level too, with pure arrogance towards anything and everything Toyota.

Although I like when I can browse a lot and not be bothered.  I don't have a problem walking inside when I need someone to help me, I actually prefer it over being hovered over by the vultures.

3 people like this

7 hours ago, bassjam said:

It is.  I've found Toyota salesmen to be on a whole different level too, with pure arrogance towards anything and everything Toyota.

Although I like when I can browse a lot and not be bothered.  I don't have a problem walking inside when I need someone to help me, I actually prefer it over being hovered over by the vultures.

Understood. But it was 100+ and I was just expecting a slight interest from a competent salesman wanting to make his/her living. I pay cash for everything I own and do appreciate professionalism, it is how I got in my position with a career in sales. Expected and got that when we purchased my wife's latest Tahoe last year and  still do.

On 2018-06-11 at 7:24 PM, DRS said:

i've had a 16 tacoma since new and i've not had a single problem with it; you'll find problems that come up on internet forums are not nearly as widespread a problem as the posters might have you believe.  i have two other friends with 16 or 17's and no issues to speak of.   of course there are always exceptions, and it's easy to find people complaining online, but i have not seen or had any issues.  good luck.

+1 I also have a 2016 since new and it has been flawless. My good friend has a 2017 and it’s the same thing. 

On 6/11/2018 at 4:16 PM, Piney Woods said:

Still having auto trans issues or was this overblown? I am looking at one with the V-6, auto and two wheel drive.

I haven't been following it since I've decided my 16 Tacoma is the last one I'll ever own and will be trading it in for a different truck eventually. My truck has had a laundry list of issues including underfilled transmission. Those issues on My seemed to happen on the ones with a tow package. 

Other issues I've had is the hood skin being improperly bonded to the frame. The hood still flexes at highway speed which makes for an irritating shimmer when driving on freeways into the sun. The truck vibrates coming to a stop and they refuse to fix that even though there's a TSB for my exact issue. They keep trying to bull shit me that its normal for cars to vibrate coming to stop. I'm sick of Toyota and you couldn't pay me to own another one.

Thanks bones, several have told me about the vibration thing but I forgot about that. After looking at mileage, comfort, towing and room I have decided to stick with full size Chevy. I really like the 5.3 V-8, on our third one now. Thanks to all.