Morning Mojave Rides: Thursdays & Saturdays

Well summer is upon us...  and I need more seat time.  Been doing the solo thing till now... but not nearly often enough.  Time to pick up the pace a bit and build some stamina.  Need to start riding with buddies again.  You out there Double ?  

Start times to avoid the heat need to be on the bike no later than 7am.  I'm about 40 mins east of 15 at Bear Valley Rd. 

Skill level intermediate.  I wanna be the weakest wimp ass on the ride so I get pushed...  and that's pretty easy right now.  

Gonna start with flat stuff, washes, flowy single track and cross country bush dodging.. then work into more technical single track as my balance and vayjayjay allows. 

Plan to be back to staging by 11am to beat the heat.  I'll post up some ride pics over the weeks as a reminder and to keep the thread active. 

Call, text or PM if you wanna come out.   

Ride On ?

5b1f3681e3881_bolt_ranch(1).gif.3766393a85aff29f2fe0efe3f25b8f76.gif

Edited by Jeff aka Bolt
  • Like 7

22 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Well summer is upon us...  and I need more seat time.  Been doing the solo thing till now... but not nearly often enough.  Time to pick up the pace a bit and build some stamina.  Need to start riding with buddies again.  You out there Double ?  

Start times to avoid the heat need to be on the bike no later than 7am.  I'm about 40 mins east of 15 at Bear Valley Rd. 

Skill level intermediate.  I wanna be the weakest wimp ass on the ride so I get pushed...  and that's pretty easy right now.  

Gonna start with flat stuff, washes, flowy single track and cross country bush dodging.. then work into more technical single track as my balance and vayjayjay allows. 

Plan to be back to staging by 11am to beat the heat.  I'll post up some ride pics over the weeks as a reminder and to keep the thread active. 

Call, text or PM if you wanna come out.   

Ride On ?

5b1f3681e3881_bolt_ranch(1).gif.3766393a85aff29f2fe0efe3f25b8f76.gif

Welcome back Jeff! 

• Like 1

Jun 14 2018 - Ride Report

Weather was nice today...  Off shore breeze dropped temps a bit...  Started late about 10am. 

Old squid filter felt good...  dodging rocks and only dabbing 40 times a second or so.  Actually you could call that dragging your feet like skis...  LOL

Hit some desert floor single track...  couple creek crossings still feeling good...  3.7 miles in...  I'm a badass !

Loose sand and wash coming up...  dragging the skis again...  weird heat sensation in my chest...  get through the soft sand and hit the wash....  time to twist the throttle.

First corner...  coming in hot...  must be 22-23 mph...  almost took out the Yucca plant...  think Speedy and self surgery...  keep it going...  more throttle. 

Faster and faster...  must be doing 34-35 at least...  tears ripping out my eyes...  can barely see now...  42 mph...  :confused:

Rocks ahead...  gotta slip by and not hit them...  blam...  ok don't hit the next one...  BLAM...  turn coming...  gotta make the turn...  ok...  made the turn...  need a break...  sip some water...  throw up for a minute.

Been a tough ride so far.  Must be almost ten miles.  :applause:

Edited by Jeff aka Bolt
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Jun 14 2018 - Ride Report

Weather was nice today...  Off shore breeze dropped temps a bit...  Started late about 10am. 

Old squid filter felt good...  dodging rocks and only dabbing 40 times a second or so.  Actually you could call that dragging your feet like skis...  LOL

Hit some desert floor single track...  couple creek crossings still feeling good...  3.7 miles in...  I'm a badass !

Loose sand and wash coming up...  dragging the skis again...  weird heat sensation in my chest...  get through the soft sand and hit the wash....  time to twist the throttle.

First corner...  coming in ht...  must be 22-23 mph...  almost took out the Yucca Plant...  think Speedy and self surgery...  keep it going...  more throttle. 

Faster and faster...  must be doing 34-35 at least...  tears ripping out my eyes...  can barely see now...  42 mph...  :confused:

Rocks ahead...  gotta slip by and not hit them...  blam...  ok don't hit the next one...  BLAM...  turn coming...  gotta make the turn...  ok...  made the turn...  need a break...  sip some water...  throw up for a minute.

Been a tough ride so far.  Must be almost ten miles.  :applause:

Hum cutting those speeds in half, missing the rocks and you could of made Frankie’s supermoto hard enduro street video.:ride:

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, The Anvil said:

Right on Jeff, back in the blazin saddle

My best stunt of the day came this evening...  I was measuring the trailer...  walking backwards tripped over the rear light pod...  bounced off the dovetail face first and flopped onto the driveway and scooped gravel up my ass.  

I was like YEAH...  IM BACK BITCHES...  I BOUNCE AGAIN !  :applause:

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...