CRF250X carb screw

Hi guys,

Just bought myself a new 250X and was wondering what the screw is on the side of the carb is that i've circled below? I am quite well up on the bikes but not seen this before and at the moment i only have the owners manual and it is not shown in there.

Cheers,

Mark.

20180611_213023.jpg

received_10154802462563078.jpeg

• Like 1

In my book, the only daft questions are the ones you have, but don't bother to ask<g>

Jim.

Thanks Jim. My first bike this so im sure there'll be a steep learning curve, ive followed thumpertalk for years so hopefully picked up a lot of the general info needed.

Mark.

It's a good topic area here (and TT in general BTW - always blown away by how much knowledge is here and people willing to help), so ask away.

And I'll anticipate one of your next questions; what's this hole on the right side of the cylinder?  Answer; drain for the spark plug hole.

Jim.

BTW, congrats on getting the bike.   Hope you enjoy it!

• Like 1

It's a good topic area here (and TT in general BTW - always blown away by how much knowledge is here and people willing to help), so ask away.
 And I'll anticipate one of your next questions; what's this hole on the right side of the cylinder?  Answer; drain for the spark plug hole.
Jim.
BTW, congrats on getting the bike.   Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers Jim. One thing you might be able to answer for me is where to get a proper Honda maintenance manual? I’ve tried the website that’s shown in the service book but it’s said ‘awaiting from honda’ for months.

Any ideas as googling doesn’t seem to turn much up?

On an unrelated subject, being in England you will probably find HiFlo Filtro brand oil and air filters common. I highly recommend them compared to buying OEM filters. Very good quality.

14 hours ago, Starsailorer said:

Cheers Jim. One thing you might be able to answer for me is where to get a proper Honda maintenance manual? I’ve tried the website that’s shown in the service book but it’s said ‘awaiting from honda’ for months.

Any ideas as googling doesn’t seem to turn much up?

I don't know of any "official" place outside of that.   There are some illegal sales of service manuals (photocopied or scanned to a PDF) that you can find on-line if you hunt.   Usually in the $10-15 range US.

A stop at a dealer is probably the best bet to order one through Honda.

Jim.

haynes manuals are pretty common in the U.K and are full of all th relevant info for servicing needs and should not be more than 15 u.k pounds mine covers most of the models and gives the changes between years ..