HansLanda

Replacing floating rotor rivets

11 posts in this topic

My front SM rotor has too much radial play. Anyone know where to get new rivets to get rid of this? Axial play is not that bad, but the whole rotor is slowly getting loose from the carrier.

19 hours ago, HansLanda said:

My front SM rotor has too much radial play. Anyone know where to get new rivets to get rid of this? Axial play is not that bad, but the whole rotor is slowly getting loose from the carrier.

I would not be mixing and matching brake rotor parts personally... If the rotor manufacture offered replacement buttons, like say EBC does, then sure..but changing them on a rotor that no such service parts are offered with parts from some other brand.... no thanks, not on a brake rotor I'm trusting my life to, hundreds of times a ride

I have a like new Suzuki E floating rotor which probably uses the same buttons as the SM rotor. You can have that, too, if it helps. It's just been sitting in my office for months now.

Ready for pickup off the 15/10 freeways.

Edited by ptgarcia

Hm, alright I'm going to switch back to my other SM rotor for now. It's thinning, but the play is fine. I can get a good deal on a Motomaster flame rotor, I'll save up for that I guess.

Thanks for the offer @ptgarcia!

Went ahead and got the EBC wave rotor. 99.99% sure it's a 310 mm, but it's weird how no one lists the diameter. 

Wave - MD6247C 

Standard - MD6247D

1 person likes this