Jump to content

Leatt Customer Service

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So, my kid falls and breaks part of his neck BRACE (not neck). The part is $69! It's a simple fiberglass part, but you have to buy a whole kit with a bunch of unneeded parts. Customer service so far is offering me a 20% discount on the kit which I think is still unreasonable. It's a fricking block of fiberglass. Am I going to have to pay 50-70 every time my kid falls and it breaks? Ridiculous. It should of been made stronger to begin with. I asked them to run it by a supervisor. I'll see what they say. If they don't offer the part for a reasonable price, I will never buy another Leatt product. 

https://www.leatt.com/shop/replacement-parts/gpx/club-iii/thoracic-pack-dbx-comp-gpx-club.html

 

20180612_160400.jpg

Edited by rx3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So because the company who made the product won’t fix it when it breaks, you won’t buy them again? That’s about the same as a helmet manufacturer replacing your visor everytime you crash.

Easiest fix here is don’t crash. The neckbrace did it’s job, did it not? That’s the price you pay for safety. One and you have to inspect it and replace it or parts.

If you crashed and cracked your helmet, would you really expect them to replace it because it should have been stronger and not crack?

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 go cry somewhere else. Don’t buy another Leatt product. I don’t care I’m sure most here don’t. They are however a great and innovative company. Just because something doesn’t go your way doesn’t mean you should jump on a forum and tear up your teddy bear. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, that is carbon fiber. It’s a lot stronger than fiberglass. I’d say it saved your kid’s neck. Be thankful it didn’t end worse.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So. There is replacement parts available, it's not a throw away product. They offered a discount. Sounds like you talked to a person not a machine too.
I'd rate that as great customer service.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rx3 said:

So, my kid falls and breaks part of his neck BRACE (not neck). The part is $69! It's a simple fiberglass part, but you have to buy a whole kit with a bunch of unneeded parts. Customer service so far is offering me a 20% discount on the kit which I think is still unreasonable. It's a fricking block of fiberglass. Am I going to have to pay 50-70 every time my kid falls and it breaks? Ridiculous. It should of been made stronger to begin with. I asked them to run it by a supervisor. I'll see what they say. If they don't offer the part for a reasonable price, I will never buy another Leatt product. 

https://www.leatt.com/shop/replacement-parts/gpx/club-iii/thoracic-pack-dbx-comp-gpx-club.html

 

20180612_160400.jpg

Perhaps the part is designed to break instead of transferring the energy into the user.  Just a thought.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Perhaps the part is designed to break instead of transferring the energy into the user.  Just a thought.

Beat me too it! I was thinking the exact same thing.

I'd be happy my kid's neck was good, thank Leatt for the generous discount, fix the brace back to new, and keep on movin'.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Beat me too it! I was thinking the exact same thing.

I'd be happy my kid's neck was good, thank Leatt for the generous discount, fix the brace back to new, and keep on movin'.

For some, it's more fun to whine.

When my niece was young I had a swear jar that she was in charge of.  She had a giant roll of carnival tickets, each offense by me, she put the first few letters on a ticket.  Once the jar filled halfway I had to buy them back from her.

Each time we would separate the tickets into categories, sh...da...etc.  Half of the tickets were "wh" and "co" for whining and complaining.  There were also several for "si" which was singing.  

You should probably hire her as a mod for TS. :smirk: 

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good grief.  No sympathy from this neck brace nazi either.  Your kid isn't a quadriplegic, be thankful that Dr. Leatt a number of years ago had a great idea.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That part is designed/engineered to break under a determined amount of force as to not transfer an excessive amount of load onto a single point on the spine.  It very well may have saved your child from a broken neck AND a broken spine.  Pretty awesome that Leatt makes the replacement part readily available.  If Leatt is offering a discount maybe buy several to have on hand :thumbsup: 

 

I actually love seeing posts like this.  It reinforces that these braces really do do their job and the $$$$ I forked over for my Leatt was not a total waste.  Thanks op!!!

Edited by Fatt_Tones
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So, my kid falls and breaks part of his neck BRACE (not neck). The part is $69! It's a simple fiberglass part, but you have to buy a whole kit with a bunch of unneeded parts. Customer service so far is offering me a 20% discount on the kit which I think is still unreasonable. It's a fricking block of fiberglass. Am I going to have to pay 50-70 every time my kid falls and it breaks? Ridiculous. It should of been made stronger to begin with. I asked them to run it by a supervisor. I'll see what they say. If they don't offer the part for a reasonable price, I will never buy another Leatt product. 
https://www.leatt.com/shop/replacement-parts/gpx/club-iii/thoracic-pack-dbx-comp-gpx-club.html
 
20180612_160400.thumb.jpg.48833dd3799b146e7950778ff7dadd16.jpg
Really? Be glad someone is willing to take on the liability to even make such a product and in the scope of things a very small market.....
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fatt_Tones said:

That part is designed/engineered to break under a determined amount of force as to not transfer an excessive amount of load onto a single point on the spine.  It very well may have saved your child from a broken neck AND a broken spine.  Pretty awesome that Leatt makes the replacement part readily available.  If Leatt is offering a discount maybe buy several to have on hand :thumbsup: 

 

I actually love seeing posts like this.  It reinforces that these braces really do do their job and the $$$$ I forked over for my Leatt was not a total waste.

And, that's why it doesn't cost free99 to replace. :thumbsup:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just really glad you had the sense to have your kid wear a neck brace.  I've been after anyone that will listen, and many who won't, to wear what I consider an essential piece of equipment.  Buy the part, and send Dr. Leatt a thank you note for having the foresight and courage to market a product that is still very controversial to many people.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't posted on here in a very long time but this annoyed me. I'd happily pay $60 for just one of the screws that hold the part to the brace if it saves you from serious injury. I am currently off work from going over the bars and hitting the ground in such a way it damaged the brachial plexus nerves (google it people) resulting in total paralysis of my left hand and limited movement in my whole arm. I'm positive that if I were wearing a brace I would have still dislocated my shoulder but my head wouldn't have been forced so hard in the opposite direction pulling the nerves. Neurosurgeon said I was extremely close to being a quadriplegic if they had pulled from the spine. Definitely something a brace prevents. I wouldn't have even been doing 30 kilometres per hour when I crashed. Within a week of my hospital visit I bought my son a leatt brace. He ain't riding without one. I only recently started getting movement and feeling back. The accident was on the 11 of march 2018. Sorry for rambling but although I always agreed to one day get myself a brace I now think you're stupid not to wear one. Equally as important as your helmet.

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that gets in the way of learning from the thoughts & experiences of others is pride. I get that few like to drop coin on fixing stuff that was expensive to begin with, but it goes with the territory, especially in action sports. I don't see this topic as a flamefest, but a great way to reflect on one's conclusions and ask yourself, am I looking at this the wrong way? For some reason, in this day/age/ everyone has to be right and admitting you were wrong is worse than death. I think some rather good points & perspectives were shared here, far from a mindless flame thread. Thx all for sharing... Some smart people round these parts. :thumbsup:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mikey34 said:

I haven't posted on here in a very long time but this annoyed me. I'd happily pay $60 for just one of the screws that hold the part to the brace if it saves you from serious injury. I am currently off work from going over the bars and hitting the ground in such a way it damaged the brachial plexus nerves (google it people) resulting in total paralysis of my left hand and limited movement in my whole arm. I'm positive that if I were wearing a brace I would have still dislocated my shoulder but my head wouldn't have been forced so hard in the opposite direction pulling the nerves. Neurosurgeon said I was extremely close to being a quadriplegic if they had pulled from the spine. Definitely something a brace prevents. I wouldn't have even been doing 30 kilometres per hour when I crashed. Within a week of my hospital visit I bought my son a leatt brace. He ain't riding without one. I only recently started getting movement and feeling back. The accident was on the 11 of march 2018. Sorry for rambling but although I always agreed to one day get myself a brace I now think you're stupid not to wear one. Equally as important as your helmet.

 

 

When a man with 75 posts whose's been on TT for 10 years speaks up to share something so near and dear....we all need to pay attention :thumbsup:

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Fatt_Tones said:

 

When a man with 75 posts whose's been on TT for 10 years speaks up to share something so near and dear....we all need to pay attention :thumbsup:

I only really breeze through TT and read stuff that pops up on Facebook but this thread pissed me off. Once it's too late and you're lying on the ground with you whole left side of your body numb you can't turn back the clock and do it again with a brace on. Or worse, completely paralysed or dead. Every one should include a neck brace in their gear. It took a knee injury for me to buy asterisk knee braces but you don't want to suffer a neck injury before buying a neck brace.

Edited by mikey34
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×