The KTM 300 Club

On 8/1/2018 at 9:16 PM, eMikey said:

I figured the whole point of the guards was because you cared what the swingarm looks like?

the glacial strye is everywhere here, and the swingarm on my 13 really took a beating.  

Edited by poldies4

On 8/2/2018 at 12:24 PM, KeyKeeper said:

All BS aside, the swing arm protectors are really to keep rocks from smashing the sides in and gouging them up.  A deep enough scratch/gouge and the swing arm could snap like a twig on a hard landing. 

This...and for the record, no bling, not my thing.

Edited by poldies4

1 hour ago, eMikey said:

I'm not a fan of the way ktm puts fine lines along the length of the swingarm.   I wonder how powder coat will look on top of those lines.

Powder coat on a swingarm will look shitty IMO.  A buddy tried, looked bad, and chipped on the first ride.

19 minutes ago, KeyKeeper said:

This is after many hard rides in nothing but rocky hard pack.

20180612_182710.jpg

New swingarms have fine lines milled into them, not smooth like the old ones.  Not the same.  If I remember correctly, we are talking new style swingarms.

I can see how it can last in hard pack, mostly loose here, rocks, gravel sand.  That is likely the difference.  Here, they look like shit.

Edited by poldies4

On 7/27/2018 at 5:17 AM, Freemotion said:

Nice tool. Slavens sells one for like $15 thats similar. Machined threads and a piece of clear hose coming off it. Same purpose, just lets the oil clear the tray. Its what I use. Very help with a skid installed. 

Actually $24 + Shipping.  Just saying.  

• 5 weeks later...

Just joined the club! Getting back into riding after several years off and started again this spring. Woods riding with my son. Started again with a 350SXF, great bike but wrong tool for the job. Sold it and got an '11 300XCW. Best bike I've ever rode in the woods! Used to own a '09 250XCW back in the day and that was the best bike I ever owned. This 300 is just a little bit sweeter. Finally back on Thmpertalk after being away for many many years!IMG_20180831_194758.jpeg

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, KeyKeeper said:

Hell those rims and tripples alone!  Sweet looking machine!

Thanks, I actually ordered blue rims and orange hubs. they sent me these by mistake. Instead of sending them back they refunded $250. So not a bad deal!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KeyKeeper said:

Wish they made those frame guard/grips for the 2008-2010 generation katooms.

i wonder if you could mod them, hell as long as the curve in the frame is even close you could chop it up and fit it nicely. Kinda wish i had done that now. But i change almost everything from its stock form to either add style or function for my purposes.