Beta 450rr 2013 start easy on kick but not on estart

First thing to say is that: the bike was all rebuild. So no parts left to be changed.

So problem is starting on button. If I crank over with kick starter I have spark all the time but if I use e-start I have only about 5-6 second spark and then stops.

With battery in good shape I have spark if the amps drops a bit no spark.

All the resistance are good. I have changed even the CDI , the same thing.

Sometimes will start very quick on e-start ,sometime will start after 3 4 secs. Start on e-start only when is bike is hot

1 hour ago, adriano.ro said:

First thing to say is that: the bike was all rebuild. So no parts left to be changed.

So problem is starting on button. If I crank over with kick starter I have spark all the time but if I use e-start I have only about 5-6 second spark and then stops.

With battery in good shape I have spark if the amps drops a bit no spark.

All the resistance are good. I have changed even the CDI , the same thing.

Sometimes will start very quick on e-start ,sometime will start after 3 4 secs. Start on e-start only when is bike is hot

:thinking::confused:  

you said bike is all rebuilt.. starter changed???

cant think of anything.. Balistic Chris posted up a simple mod of putting a thick wire ground to a bolt on the starter into the frame to help the bike ground better and turn over faster. Its in a starter thread in Beta threads somewhere. It’s hard to figure if all is new on your bike and rebuilt.  How is the button itself? 

The 2013 is supposed to have an upgraded decompression device from the 2010 to 2012 I think?? I don’t know how you might know how to double check that.  Try checking one link above on pg 57 or so but there are more links somewhere to find. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

My real problem right now is the spark. Starter spin well. 

All baring,crank shaft,piston,timing chain,cylinder all new.

• Like 1