Amazon case saver

Recently bought a case saver via Amazon dude to the high shipping fees associated all over hell and back. I also found out it didn't exactly match up... Although it says it's part specific for my bike I'm assuming it's for an older model. I also Rock guarded the face. Now my question is how do the case savers from thumper talk it? Is there any gap like the one in my below picture.

IMG_20180617_143649488.jpg

The gap is not too important because a thick layer of rtv silicone sealant is used between it and the engine case to provide impact protection.There needs to be a thick even layer applied and then taped to the motor using several strips and let cure overnight.

Also in your pic you can see the inside edge of the end of the footshifter is very sharp!It is critical to remove the shifter and round that edge over as smooth as possible with a large radius.If it impacts the engine case it will puncture it for sure or if contacting the case saver it will push a sharp radius into it minimizing the savers' effectiveness.This cannot be stressed enough.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, David Kremer said:

I also found out it didn't exactly match up... Although it says it's part specific for my bike I'm assuming it's for an older model.

Its fine, though one of the reasons I prefer TT guards, commonly thicker materiel used and better fit then the cheaper ones from Ebay or Amazon

There is no model year difference, only Kick start only and all others.
Put a moderate layer of RTV on the back of guard, put in place and use some painters tape or 100MPH tape to hold it in place,,,Otherwise it will shift as you leave it to cure.

Have a read, consider fixing the back of the shiftier

In the over a decade we've been making and selling our case savers, I've never had a customer ask about unsightly gaps or poor fitment. Our case savers are proudly made in the USA :usa: using a precision die for a uniform fit. Each piece is laser cut from .062" 5052 aluminum with machined bevel edges to avoid any snagging points. When you buy the combo pack (left and right sides), the price includes RTV silicone adhesive. I'm sure we could farm them out to China for some extra profit, but we've decided not to mess with success nor contribute to US unemployment. I think we have the product dialed in pretty much perfecto as this point. ?

3673387.jpg

3673381.jpg

3673384.jpg

• Like 8

I think I'm just gonna have to go with it. I still want to rock guard the saver. What can a guy do to keep the logo for being painted over. It's to thin to tape. The only thing I can think of would be a thick string glued in to paint over and then pull off to trace the outline.... Any painters got ideas?

Also I'm going to get the shifter done soon. I'm not driving the unit untill I get it just how I want it!

Edited by David Kremer
Forgot to mention stuff