Gifford Pinchot August Ride Week/Party/Camping

Mid August. Who's interested?

Week long event, stay the week or just stop in for a day. 

Organized rides, teams made up based upon GP experience and rider skill, ride groups of 3-5 riders. 

Great way to enjoy the Super Bowl of moto riding in a safe and sane way with great friends and food.   

• Like 1

Folks, feel free to post up your awesome GP pictures on this thread. 
I'd be into a little staircase riding.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Folks, feel free to post up your awesome GP pictures on this thread. 

82DAC3D0-B23E-4A16-A9B6-5F0F69DA3145.jpeg

I'm in on this.   Always wanted to ride here and never have.   I could probably do a night or two mid week.

• Like 2

Couple pics from last year,can't wait to get back up there.ill be on vacation the last week of august,hint hint.20170916_122837.jpeg20170916_121003.jpeg20170916_125609.jpeg20170916_125707.jpeg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mudmixer said:

Couple pics from last year,can't wait to get back up there.ill be on vacation the last week of august,hint hint.20170916_122837.jpeg20170916_121003.jpeg20170916_125609.jpeg20170916_125707.jpeg

Yeah, me too!

Joe

• Like 1

If anyone is planning on a camping site you may be SOL, last year they were all booked up 6 months in advance. FYI you can call recreation.gov to book a camp site up to 6 months in advance. I know there are a couple large group sites that may be an option.

1 hour ago, David McDirt said:

If anyone is planning on a camping site you may be SOL, last year they were all booked up 6 months in advance. FYI you can call recreation.gov to book a camp site up to 6 months in advance. I know there are a couple large group sites that may be an option.

I assume one can just park in open areas of the forest? I found a pretty nice spot of the 99 road last fall that made a nice big camp area.  

• Like 1

I'll be up there for a week leading up to Aug. 11-12 weekend.  Camping/reserving spots for my club at ol'chimney

5 hours ago, David McDirt said:

If you're wanting to camp somewhere that requires reservations you're doing it wrong. There is TONS of disperse camping spots and many first come first serve sites within formal campgrounds which are mostly on the lakes within the GP. 

Edited by TommyB 754
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gtastro said:

Two different times to this spot.

20170924_124917.jpg

Top.jpg

Got up there last summer in the smoke. 

im game, but working in the office for a decade reduced my intermediate level to a slow fat 2nd gear on the 450x level. Id be faster on my xr250r

20180527_120411_HDR.jpg