• Announcements

• Bryan Bosch

JUST IN!   07/18/2018

Video: 2019 Yamaha YZ250F Features & Benefits 

oldspark1960

Team Rude

30 posts in this topic

Terry has been on this site in the last week!

Presumably seen this topic and read his private messages.

On 02/07/2018 at 7:57 PM, adnohguy said:

There is always Frank at EO

(xr100.com)

Terry builds stroker cranks for Frank. Maybe Frank can get something going for you?

Thanks for the info adnohoy and chadzu. I’m locked in with Powroll, having handed over my money already. I will keep Engines Only in mind as a backup plan.

1 person likes this

On 7/4/2018 at 3:39 AM, Matt Champion said:

Thanks for the info adnohoy and chadzu. I’m locked in with Powroll, having handed over my money already. I will keep Engines Only in mind as a backup plan.

Let us know if it all works out, i was hoping to get Terry to do some work for me as well.

Terry text me this morning, he has been away fire fighting for a while.

Being from the other side of the world I googled Oregon and saw it has some rugged mountainous terrain, fire season.

I'm in neighboring Washington and our fire season began early this year. Our state land manager reported something like 470 fires so far this year.

Update…. Terry has messaged to say he has done some porting work on the head that I sent him and that he is still involved with the fire crew work. I try daily to contact him by phone, hopefully my efforts will be successful at some point… Terry, if you happen to read this…. Can you please answer your phone!!!

Where I ride in the PNW I'm almost always out of cell range.  So if Terry is out in the woods on fire duty he is  probably out of cell phone range 24x7. 

Yeah, last year was pretty bad from how much work he said he had, along with all of the fires. This year is probably worse. He'll get the work done, but there is unfortunately no timetable, which is why I started collecting spare parts/engines after my first build so there's no downtime.

It sucks, but that's often how it goes with a one-man shop. It would help if he had a secretary because he's said that if he took the time to respond to every email, text, etc he'd never get all the work done. Not trying to be a negative-nancy, but that's just how it is in this niche market and I eventually just accepted it because no one else offers all these services/parts currently for our 230F's. Not fun waiting, but better than the blue 230 oops did I just say that out loud...

Edit: oops, just realized this was the XR80/200 section. Most still applies though.

Thanks Chuck and MX4god for your comments. I have just spoken with Terry. The porting is being done today and he has all other parts in hand, ready to dispatch.

Terry explained the reasons for the delays and all is good!

I will post a picture of the parts when they arrive :goofy:

Thanks Chuck and MX4god for your comments. I have just spoken with Terry. The porting is being done today and he has all other parts in hand, ready to dispatch.
Terry explained the reasons for the delays and all is good!
I will post a picture of the parts when they arrive :goofy:
Sounds good. I'm still waiting on a crank, head and cam from earlier this year.