Another Friday the 13th Ride

This is an open invitation to join us on another Friday the 13th ride though the San Bernardino Mountains in July. Take a day off and have a blast! Due to the heat factor in July we are planning to stage at Miller Canyon again. Required fuel range for this ride is about 70+ miles.

For those who made it on April 13th (Razor & The Wolf), let's do it again. Hopefully we can get more riders this time. Dan, its my turn to take you guys for a ride. Sirhk100, put a big tank on that YZ!

What's it like at Miller Canyon? Take a look at the Arrowhead Woods video at my HelmetCam site at http://www.h2ooh.com/helmetcam

Come on you SoCal Ttalkers - let's go!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about converting to trail, I like my Motorbike in Moto form!! ? I'll have to see if I can figure out another way to carry spare fuel. I just bought a vehicle and have to do some serious budgeting to fit in a larger tank, I'll work on that. I'll work on that and the date for sure!! Sounds fun!

------------------

Khris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

What are you, YELLOW?

Ron, do you mind if me and my three sons join you guys? It turns out that we have been discussing getting together for a ride. My sons all live in SoCal. This would be a great way for me to meet some other TT guys and go for a ride with my kids again. Is there any part of this ride that requires dual sport? Thanks, Paul M.

Paul,

Of course you and your sons can join us. The more the better. I have not setup any details yet, but most likely the place we can all meet will be the McDonnalds parking lot located at the intersection of highways 15 and 138 at 7:00am. This is our standard time and place to hook-up.

I'm sure you will enjoy Miller Canyon. In my opinion it's the best local riding spot in SoCal, and in some ways rivals Kennedy Meadows, although its not as large but its a whole lot closer. There are some very technical sections and one deep water crossing. I am planning on putting more helmetcam footage of this place on my web site in the next couple of days. I'll post a message in this thread when it's available.

Dual sport setups are not required. We "mostly" stick to green sticker trails and have never had a problem with the authorities. I don't think red sticker guys have to worry as the forest police only patrol on weekends.

I most likely be will be riding "sweep" and my buddy "point". We have radios so no one is getting lost. I'm looking forward to meeting you and your sons. I hope you can make it!

Ron

Okay, here is the official plan:

Meet at the McDonalds parking lot located in Cajon Junction (15/138) at 7:00 am. Can't miss it from the highway. At 7:05 were on the road to Miller Canyon. See maps below.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

If you are running late please call me on my cell phone at (714) 801-7213 and I will wait for you. Everyone is welcome to join us. Be there, it's going to be fun!

I should go on this one, but I don't like waiting on Ron. He is so slow, I had to drive stakes around him, just to see if he was moving. And I was on a DT-1 with a flat tire.

YeeHaa, talked to the kids and its a go for the Maust clan! ? Citizen, that would be awesome if you showed up. Man am I looking forward to this! Its also my oldest sons birthday that day. Thanks, Paul

Ok. You talked me into it. You know I only live 15 min from 138/I-15. Good trails all over there. Sounds like it should be a blast.

------------------

It's your world, I just play in it!

'00WR, WB E-Series S-Bend w/7 discs, Stock header, throttle stop trimmed, airbox cover removed. Stock jetting. 4500ft.

Hello Paul, thank you for the kind words,but I must say, I had to quit riding about ten years ago.......doctors orders. I was going to get a new doctor until I found out he was right.

Also.....I forgot to mention when I was talking about Ron, that was about thirty years ago and he was on a PeeWee 50 (Yamaha). He has picked up the pace a little now. I enjoyed every minute watching him progress to what he is now. I guess dads are like that.

Citizen, notice I didn't comment on your comment. I figured you probably new him pretty well to be ragging on him like that! :D I am dissappointed that I will not get a chance to meet you. I'll try not to work him too hard! ? Looking forward to meeting Bulldog and the others and riding with my kids again. I just hope I can keep up! Its not like the old day when I could wip their butts. But they get older and faster and the older we get the faster we were. Right? Take care, Paul

Hey Ron-

Is it ok if a buddy on a red devil bike (XR650R) tags along? I wasn't sure if this was a WR only event or not. (don't want to step on toes). Am looking forward to it either way. ?

Wayne

------------------

It's your world, I just play in it!

'00WR, WB E-Series S-Bend w/7 discs, Stock header, throttle stop trimmed, airbox cover removed. Stock jetting. 4500ft.

This is going to be fun! It's definitely not a wr only event, just a fun ride on a day most people think is bad luck. My friends and I have gone riding every Friday the 13th for about eight years now. It's a great excuse to ride!

I put more video of this place on the web site (http://www.h2ooh.com/helmetcam) so you can see what its going to be like. Just picture lots of dust and no snow. If you look closely you can see the stakes Citizen Kane was telling you about. ?

This ride will most likely be one long loop so backpacks are a good idea Lots of good trails and good people makes for a great day. Sure beats working… Bring your buddies!

Ron, I would love to join your ride if you are still taking. I will try to keep up with messages on TT but I have a screwed up work schedule so I can't always get to the net to keep up. If at all possible drop me an email(I'm better about checking that) with a friendly reminder. Thanks, Eric

------------------

98 WR400 "Strokerized"

97 EXC400

94 RMX250

I appreciate your concern PMAUST,but Ron has been whipping me in the dirt every since I bought him a YZ 100, and I enjoyed it. What I am trying to say Paul, enjoy your boys while you can, it doesn't last long enough.

I do feel sorry for the gentelman, just for his name alone, Blue Boner? I feel his pain.

You guys have a good time Friday 13th, but be careful and I wish I could be there.

I know I would enjoy your company, especialy, the bench racing.

Citizen, thanks I will. I know exactly what you are talking about. It was my dad who got me into it. We had some great times roaming the desert together. Hopefully, my kids will have those good memories long after I am gone. I'm not even going to touch that Blue Boner thing! ? Later, Paul