robl528

2019 350 XCF vs SXF

What about the engine itself. Are there ignition or flywheel changes between the two? I don't need a larger tank, 18" wheel and suspension would be re-valved anyways. I mostly interested in the power delivery differences between the two. 

17 minutes ago, robl528 said:

What about the engine itself. Are there ignition or flywheel changes between the two? I don't need a larger tank, 18" wheel and suspension would be re-valved anyways. I mostly interested in the power delivery differences between the two. 

Motors, ignition etc are all the same... 

2 hours ago, Hans Schmid said:

Motors, ignition etc are all the same... 

I thought that originally as well, but a dealer mentioned they were different so i wasn’t sure which was correct. Are there differences between the 2-stroke models maybe? 

14 minutes ago, robl528 said:

I thought that originally as well, but a dealer mentioned they were different so i wasn’t sure which was correct. Are there differences between the 2-stroke models maybe? 

The XCWF has a different setup on the motor, not the XCF

2019 OEM 2.4 tank is only about $110 new from most of the KTM parts discount dealers, RM, Munn and KTM world come to mind.

Edited by Tuner

I just got a '19 350 sx-f that I will be using mostly for trails. As mentioned before its the gear box, gas tank size, kickstand, and rear wheel size that are the main differences. I am not positive on the 4 stroke models but I know the ignition (cdi boxes) on the xc vs sx  two stroke bikes are different. As far as a review goes I find the sx-f to be a great trail weapon as long as you know how to ride a bit. You don't have to be an expert by any means but it is definitely not a bike to cruz around on. If you are riding flowy single track I think 1st gear is in a really great place, that being said in the nasty gnarly stuff I find it to be too high and I have to use and abuse the clutch to keep her going. As far as the small tank goes, I get about an hour and a half out of a tank and definitely want to go up in size. Kickstand? Who cares, its fuel injected just lay it over or up on a tree. 19" rear wheel? I wish I was good enough to notice a difference 😂. I think the 350 is a killer package and I personally went with the sx-f to save some money on the front end, if money wasn't a factor I would get an xc-f but I Think the sx-f is a great bike. Hope this helps

• Like 1