honda cr250r 03 power valve colour

Been trying to diagnose pinging issue firstly got a 430 main jet to try but noticed the rc valve was lose as &%$#@! not sure if that would ever create a ping type noise at 3/4 throttle.

When inspecting the exhaust valves i did notice towards the ends of the valves that touch the cylinder they was greyish I am thinking now this is defiantly pinging and its to lean on the main jet?

A 430 main is not lean. I suggest you up the octane on your fuel. My 2003 never exhibited pinging like my 2007. If you want to get that bike running better you should purchase a JD jetting kit. It made my 2007 run much better. Make sure the float is set properly as well. If the original float needle is still in that carb after all these years replace it. 

after installing the 430 main i noticed a slight improvement to the detonation issue the plug colour also had improved. I then lowered the needle clip by 1 therefore lifting the needle and boom my bike runs perfect, sounds better no detonation no fouling plugs in fact they are pretty much ideal in terms of colour.

• Like 1