TTR90 WOT Bogging

Hello all, sorry as I see this has been discussed in detail, but I'm very new to bikes / atvs but I work on every other piece of equipment and I'm not going to learn taking it somewhere.

Now, I got a 2006 TTR 90 for my daughters 2 weeks ago. It's in fantastic shape but while riding it, when you shift up into second and really get on the throttle it sputters out and almost dies. *If the choke is on, it doesn't do this. It runs just fine but idles higher.

We took the carb off and pulled the float off today. Took Carney cleaner and cleaned it all out. Everything seemed to be good to go and all passageways having flow, but that didn't help one bit. 

Any help? May need to give directions in a little more details than normal, or I can research it too. 

Thanks in advance all.

If u don't remove the jets, clean them with cleaner n compressed air then clean the passageways with compressed air then u have not thoroughly cleaned the carb.

Remove all jets (main and idle) , fuel needle, needle jet (the one connected to the throttle slide) air screw, fuel screw n choke then clean them all with cleaner and compressed air. Look thru the jets and make sure u can see light thru them after cleaning. Reassemble n it should run correctly.

If u don't have a manual to see how everything goes together then go to a Yamaha parts website, pull up the carb as if ordering a part then print the diagram of the carb (print screen). Tradebit.com also offers online pdf forms of manuals for cheap.

Hope that helps, good luck n keep us informed

Only adjustment will be to fuel screw. Before I take it out turn it all the way in n count the number of turns it takes for it to seat. When reinstalling screw it all the way in then back it out that same number of turns.

U can download a pdf manual for $15 or less on tradebit.com, I've downloaded many.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:09 AM, delawhere said:

Only adjustment will be to fuel screw. Before I take it out turn it all the way in n count the number of turns it takes for it to seat. When reinstalling screw it all the way in then back it out that same number of turns.

U can download a pdf manual for $15 or less on tradebit.com, I've downloaded many.

Nailed it!! Took it all apart last night, tossed it back in and it's all good to go. Daughter claims it way faster too!

Thanks for the help delawhere!