2017 silverado just 4,000 miles ac blower makes a ton of noise and stops altogether drop it off at the dealer and they tell me its mice and will cost 600$ not covered by warranty!fml! any suggestions on preventing this?

If you catch the next one, and put it in an exercise wheel under the hood, you will double the power you have now. 

Some say mothballs will keep rodents away.

I had problems with squirrels.

I park vehicle over an open  tray of mothballs on the driveway.

Squirrels have stayed away so far.

Traps. Lots of choices on that front.

Laundry spray, peppermint oil etc. and spray all around the engine bay, don't hold back.

Next you can plant mint near where you park your truck.

Those are the steps I take as preventive measures. Got lax on baiting traps for a while and ended up with a mice eating the underside of the engine cover. Luckily no real damage. So I upped my game with laundry spray and mint plants and regular rebaiting of traps. No issues since.

My neighbor had problems with squirrels in her attic. A saucer of ammonia by the entrance solved the problem. Maybe keep a small cup of ammonia in the engine bay for a week or two. The mice will get the message.

On 7/3/2018 at 3:52 PM, racermx66 said:

My neighbor had problems with squirrels in her attic. A saucer of ammonia by the entrance solved the problem. Maybe keep a small cup of ammonia in the engine bay for a week or two. The mice will get the message.

I wonder if that's cause it smells like cat pee...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Marylander said:

I wonder if that's cause it smells like cat pee...

An outdoor cat would probably help too

Edited by joemc04