new dr200se wont start

yes, it's in neutral, the button to start is out [not pushed in] and I haven't touched wiring so i'm not sure what to check to make sure all wiring connections are good.  it started once last night and I then shut it off but then it wouldn't start again.

I'm a 65 year old female newbie, LOL.  I'm not sure what a flat battery is unless you're referring to shape.  it's a small rectangular battery about 4" tall.  I roll started it once but it only worked once and I need to find out if it's the switch.  it's cut off on me a few times while waiting at a traffic light and don't want to have to roll-start it there.  I've delivered it to Mancuso to see what the issue is.  Thanks.

yes, all those items checked.  I've had the bike for 3 weeks and it had .4 miles on odometer when I bought it.  Just frustrating because the issue robbed me of 3 days of riding, arrrggghhh.  I fell in love with motorcycles a year ago (probably at least 55 years too late, lol) and I'm trying to ride as much as I can.  but I want to do more than ride.  I don't have a Cinderella complex and want to learn how to maintain and service my bike as best I can.  are classes available for this?  I've ordered a service manual for my bike and hope to keep this bike for a year or year and a half and upgrade to something a little larger.  Just need riding experience and other riders in my area who might be willing to let me tag along on some rides.  I definitely want to learn about the bike and learn how to figure out things on my own.  but I've already learned, it takes a village and thumpertalk is my village, I guess.  Thanks, Guys!

Maybe in their haste the dealer let you leave before battery was good to go and it's just dead. These are the simplest of bikes really and it can't be much other than what was mentioned already. I'm following too see what it was, as my wife has this bike .

it's not the battery.  I made the mistake Sunday of leave the red button punched out and the battery was dead 2 hours later.  I put the battery tender on it Sunday night but it wouldn't start Monday morning even thought the green light on the tender was on.  Mancuso said it "could" be a bad switch and if so, they would have to order parts, which means I probably won't get it back until after the weekend.  another 2 days without a ride.  I'll let you know what it turns out to be.

• 4 weeks later...

it's cut off on me a few times while waiting at a traffic light and don't want to have to roll-start it there.

Sounds like battery no longer has ability to take a good charge. Despite the battery tender showing green, see if you can find someone who can load test the battery (mechanic, auto part store, etc..)

The battery tender probably says battery is good because its voltage is at some certain level. This isn't the most reliable way to tell if a battery is good. The best way to find out is to see how the battery reacts when you drain it with a certain level of current. This is what a load tester does.

• 9 months later...

Will these run without a working battery(as in push starting)? I can give mine a boost but soon as I take the cables off the engine turns off. 

"edit" This is with my tender saying the battery is fully charged

Edited by Canadadude

• 4 months later...