Scott's Steering damper (sub mount)

I was wandering if anybody is running a Scott's stabilizer with the sub mount on a 2017 or 2018 300?  If so, are you using the rubber mounted submount or the solid?  I was using the rubber sub mount on my 2014 500 exc and it did help with vibration ( that bike vibrated a lot more than my 300 xc).  If I ever sell the mount from the 500, I'm not sure if it is necessary to spend the extra money for another rubber sub mount for the 300. Any thoughts?  

Thanks

I'm running a submount on my 2018 TPI using the KTM riser/submount blocks between the bar clamps and the top triple.  IMO, the 2017/2018 motors are so smooth, the rubber mounts are not needed.

I have the rubber submount on my '13 450 xcw but of course it wont fit on my new '18 300xc. I have tried to order one for almost 2 months now and they are out everywhere. I was also wondering if it worth getting. They are also out of the non rubber sub mounts , i called Scotts again yesterday.

6 hours ago, Subgenius said:

I'm running a submount on my 2018 TPI using the KTM riser/submount blocks between the bar clamps and the top triple.  IMO, the 2017/2018 motors are so smooth, the rubber mounts are not needed.

Are you using the BRP solid sub mount for the Scott's damper, or is it a different setup?

2 hours ago, SabbathHead said:

I have the rubber submount on my '13 450 xcw but of course it wont fit on my new '18 300xc. I have tried to order one for almost 2 months now and they are out everywhere. I was also wondering if it worth getting. They are also out of the non rubber sub mounts , i called Scotts again yesterday.

Wow, I talked to Scott's a few weeks ago and they were out of them then !  Are you leaning towards the solid sub mount for your 300?

14 minutes ago, scott72 said:

Wow, I talked to Scott's a few weeks ago and they were out of them then !  Are you leaning towards the solid sub mount for your 300?

Maybe not sure, its over $100 cheaper, I just ordered a RK Tek head instead after I called for the 4th time and everyone is out of the rubber ones , now they say there is a problem with the rubber pieces that are defective , thats why they arent shipping now. I'm even wondering if I should get one at all as I run mostly single track, not like I'm wide open at anytime

2018 KTM xcw 300 I have the scotts damper sub mount and using the BRP set up with the blue dampers. 

3 minutes ago, SabbathHead said:

Maybe not sure, its over $100 cheaper, I just ordered a RK Tek head instead after I called for the 4th time and everyone is out of the rubber ones , now they say there is a problem with the rubber pieces that are defective , thats why they arent shipping now. I'm even wondering if I should get one at all as I run mostly single track, not like I'm wide open at anytime

I like having it on there for the piece of mind from the hidden rocks and roots.  It sucks that just the mount is so expensive.  I didn't think I would have a hard time selling the one off my 500 but no takers yet.  

7 minutes ago, DirtDog43 said:

2018 KTM xcw 300 I have the scotts damper sub mount and using the BRP set up with the blue dampers. 

How do you like that setup?  Did you consider the solid sub mount?

Just now, scott72 said:

I like having it on there for the piece of mind from the hidden rocks and roots.  It sucks that just the mount is so expensive.  I didn't think I would have a hard time selling the one off my 500 but no takers yet.  

Yeah will probally get one eventially , as I thought of selling my mount from my 13 450 xcw also , sucks it wont fit on my new one.

53 minutes ago, scott72 said:

How do you like that setup?  Did you consider the solid sub mount?

I like the set up. Just did the Big bear trail riders dual sport ride of 210 miles all hard routes. You can look it up on YouTube to see  how technical and Rocky some of the trails are.  Didn’t really consider the solid mount because there’s an option to reduce vibration,even though the 300 runs very smooth I like the idea anytime I can throw some sort of cushion or dampening from metal to metal. 

I have Scott's damper on BRP sub mount, red firm bushings. Absolutely love it. Pro taper evo, woods high, bars. Only ran into one minor issue after about 12 hours but BRP addressed it promptly and sufficiently so all good again. 

As one poster mentioned.. almost no need with how smooth the counto engines are. But I've ridden hard for 6-8 hours and have yet to feel a thing in my hands/arms/shoulders. 

I'm running the solid mounts in my 17 250. Couldn't see spending the extra money for the rubber mounted ones. Slavens racing had them in stock. 3 days to my door. 

12 hours ago, Southernend said:

I'm running the solid mounts in my 17 250. Couldn't see spending the extra money for the rubber mounted ones. Slavens racing had them in stock. 3 days to my door. 

Is the 1 inch increase in bar height a big deal?  It was nice on my 500 exc, but the bars on the 300 seem to be higher as is.

On 6/29/2018 at 10:09 PM, scott72 said:

Is the 1 inch increase in bar height a big deal?  It was nice on my 500 exc, but the bars on the 300 seem to be higher as is.

I added the pro taper low bars. Same specs as oem but 1" lower. Feels stock again. 

On 6/29/2018 at 8:09 PM, scott72 said:

it was great for me. I guess i have kinda long arms. i am 6.1 and slim. perfect with that additional inch. My rear deltoids and my traps used to kill me at the 6-8hr mark. i think because i was actually leaning over the bars before the rise. might not be the case with you but it was helpful to me, certainly no hindrance. 

On 7/1/2018 at 11:30 PM, mrr250honda said:

I am running the solid mount for my scott stabilizer on my 18 300xc, great buy imo

Any noticeable increase in vibration.  Doesn't the kit come with aluminum pieces that replace the rubber bushings that come stock on the 300 xc?