1989 Xr 100 help

Hello everyone. I have a 1989 xr 100.the frame has been poorly rewelded many time and I am looking for a good replacement. If I am not mistaken in 1990 the ignition changed to cdi which changed frame somewhat.  What year frames are a perfect match to the 1989?  Does anyone have a source for used parts that they like best?

I have a 1989 frame with a pink, but the problem is the shipping.  So it's best just to get one within driving distance. Craigslist or offer up. 1987 - 1991 is an exact match.  They went to CDI in 1992.

Edited by socalxr

These all share the same frame

This Honda 50100-GN1-760ZA FRAME *NH138* (SHASTA WHITE) fits the following models and components:

Honda Motorcycle 1988 XR100R A Frame

Honda Motorcycle 1988 XR80R A Frame

Honda Motorcycle 1989 XR100R A Frame

Honda Motorcycle 1990 XR80R A Frame

Honda Motorcycle 1990 XR100R A Frame

Honda Motorcycle 1991 XR100R A Frame

Honda Motorcycle 1991 XR80R A Frame

• Like 1

Check to see if you have any motorcycle salvage yards near you, or at least within a driving distance you're comfortable with. 

There's no guarantee you'll find one, but it's always fun to go looking through them to see what they might have. 

You might luck out and find one that's near complete or at least a good parts bike with good useable parts for cheap. 

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, Fzzap said:

Hello everyone. I have a 1989 xr 100.the frame has been poorly rewelded many time and I am looking for a good replacement. If I am not mistaken in 1990 the ignition changed to cdi which changed frame somewhat.  What year frames are a perfect match to the 1989?  Does anyone have a source for used parts that they like best?

Where do you live in Ohio? I have one, can't remember the year though. Probably late 90's. Don't know if it'll work for you, but I can check the year tonight.