Spice up the 300 w/ FMF KTM Turbinecore 2.1 or Powercore 2.1?

Hey fellas,

Trying to spice things up a bit on my 2015 KTM 300.  Had a Turbinecore 2 on for a while and it was ok, but looks a bit dated compared to the new pipes, and was pretty banged up. 

My buddy has a used KTM branded Turbinecore 2.1 for $75, or I could get a new Powercore 2.1 for $150.  The black Turbinecore is pretty sexy, but so is the sound of the Powercores.  Don't need a sparky at the moment, but I don't mind having it on.

What would you do?  I get it - this is subjective, just looking to get some dialogue going... maybe positive or negative experiences with either...

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/904/54399/KTM-FMF-Turbinecore-2.1-Silencer

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/904/56292/FMF-Power-Core-2.1-Silencer

Thanks!

Jim

Edited by MistrRoboto

I bought a used black one that was perfect and almost new the black started fading after 3 or 4 years

If you don't need to run a SA get the Powercore 2.1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shrub73 said:

If you don't need to run a SA get the Powercore 2.1.

What makes you say that?

53 minutes ago, MistrRoboto said:

What makes you say that?

I feel like my bike runs crisper when I run a non-Turbine silencer.

if you don't need to run an s/a just run the stock silencer and pipe; every s/a out there chokes up these new 2 strokes.  stock pipe and silencer flows best and produces best power and torque.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DRS said:

if you don't need to run an s/a just run the stock silencer and pipe; every s/a out there chokes up these new 2 strokes.  stock pipe and silencer flows best and produces best power and torque.

Yeah, I don't think you are wrong.  My stock silencer is back on there and it feels great.  Just like the aftermarket look and sound.  But, I guess I could save some money

I have the black power parts 2.1 silencer. Looks great but the black gets bitched up quick. I'd get the silver next time personally. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Southernend said:

I have the black power parts 2.1 silencer. Looks great but the black gets bitched up quick. I'd get the silver next time personally. 

Yep, used to be black, now it's purple-ish black

B974C68F-9DD0-45F3-B193-779178C37025.png

If I didn't need a sparky I'd run the stock can. Powercore is the same design as stock, just prettier.