After oil change missing half quart ?

Hey everyone so I did my third oil change on my 2017 drz400s never had any problems until now..... I went from normal to synthetic this time and noticed after draining  my oil I was almost half a quart low ? Anyone have input ? I would appreciate it . Bike only has 1800 miles 

Edited by Markl5557

7 minutes ago, Bermudacat said:

If you put 1.7 liters in, part of it is in the sump. No worries.

Let me re word , last oil change I put in 1.9 liters as I usually do , and when I drained the oil this time I only drained 1.5 liters ... normally I drain almost the same amount as I put in but not this time ..... I have been running the bike at much higher rates of speed and for longer periods of time not sure if that has something to do with it. 

Edited by Markl5557

2 minutes ago, Bermudacat said:

Follow the manual for break-in?

Yes ... it never happened until this third oil change like I said I have been ripping it at like 90 for long periods of time for the first time ever not sure if that has something to do with it 

Just now, Bermudacat said:

Might.

It's not abnormal to consume a little under hard use. What oil are you using?

10 40 amsoil full synth

Just now, Bermudacat said:

Good stuff. Do they make a 20/50?

They do .... its just odd for that much oil to go missing regardless of weight ... this was the first oil change draining the full synth not sure how this can happen I mean that’s a lot of oil to burn 

It's a bit bizarre, for sure, but I'm not yet worried enough that I wouldn't buy your used bike if you were selling it. :excuseme:

• Like 1