2019 GasGas Models Rumours Thread

I may be the only one this excited but rumour is out that July the 17th will be the official presentation of the 2019 GasGas lineup from Spain.

And from what I've heard there will be some changes to the already fantastic EC and XC linup,
BUT the big news is that there may be a X-Trainer/Freeride competitor being released!! And a further rumour is swirling about an all brand new 4T bike being shown at EICMA in November.

You guys hear anything yet??? 

3 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

Hopefully emphasis is being placed on more important things than silly cosmetic crap.

Agreed... Although I honestly don't know what they will improve on the EC bikes.. I've found a total of two tiny tiny flaws with mine.. One is a bolt that has a nylock nut instead of a captive fastener in a dumb location... The other is that I'm too spoiled riding it and I don't like any other bikes anymore. :goofy:

Guess we'll have to wait and see... 

From what I remember they bought the rights/tooling to the Husky 250/300 4t motor that they used before KTM bought them. 

Its a good compact motor that should work good as a basis for GG. Hopefully they can just get a little more power out of it as it didn't have that much. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ccullins said:

From what I remember they bought the rights/tooling to the Husky 250/300 4t motor that they used before KTM bought them. 

Its a good compact motor that should work good as a basis for GG. Hopefully they can just get a little more power out of it as it didn't have that much. 

They did purchase this tech from Husky.. However, the new GasGas company has told us they will NOT be using any of it when they come out with a 4T bike.. The tech is too old by now anyways... 

20 hours ago, breakwellmz said:

Anyone remember t5b3db759a179b_GasGasSideValvemotor-RHside(Medium).jpg.fa3b7f6b1bd3822b6560a6c7c0a36daa.jpghe side-valve trials bike that they proposed? It ticked a number of boxes but came to nought.

Yeah that's when we thought World Trials was going to be forced to go to 4T's only. The manufacturers where scrambleing (except Honda/Montesa). 

Everyone was all excited about this, but I kept thinking, there's a reason even my lawn mower is over-head valve these days.    When the 4t mandate went away so did this project. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Home Skillet said:

Here, go spread the word.

I have often wondered how GG contacts dealers to discuss a relationship. If that is it I can understand why there are so few/no dealers in many areas. The bikes seem very excellent now, hopefully they can expand the exposure.

• Like 1