compression braking

15 minutes ago, BDubb106 said:

The Rekluse will help but not eliminate it. The best option if you want it to free roll like a 2 stroke (which I can assume you are trying to achieve) is a slipper clutch.

yes , when i chop the throttle i dont like getting thrown foreward . i like a smooth , steady decelration . ive always been the smooth kind of rider , when all my past riding buddies were the whack and chop guys , always on the edge , often over it , and lots of times on the ground under it ... but i always placed about mid pack , and volunteered to take last position when trail riding . got to see all the carnage , only one with enough common sense to pack medical supplies , and basic skills to use them .  and i knew i will always get out of the woods . you only have to be faster then the slowest guy .... and when they crash out ... bear bait !!

none of the dealers by me will let you testride dirtbikes . 

Do you have a friend with a newer bike? All of the newer ones are very good. Very smooth and fast. Honestly I would pick the color you can get the best deal on and pull the trigger. It’s not 2006. No more decel pop and like stated before it’s not like the whole bike dives under decel. I’m thinkin you won’t regret it.

I could see looking more into this if it was 1998 and you got the first YZ400, but honestly these 450’s these days dont have nearly as much engine braking as you are assuming. I go back and forth between my 2 and 4 stroke and don’t think to myself “wow my 450 has engine braking when I chop the throttle”. Get a 450, ride it for a few weeks. If you feel you need to alleviate the compression braking then, go for it [emoji106]

• Like 1