TE300i and TE250i What Have you done to yours today

On 7/10/2018 at 3:59 PM, window2time said:

I installed the fan kit while I was putting on the radiator guards.  It is nice that you can adjust the temperature that it turns on.  You can't really see the fan very well in the picture but its in there.

Is there a factory connector for the fan to plug into on the 19?

20 hours ago, whizzer929 said:

Is there a factory connector for the fan to plug into on the 19?

The install is easy but no, there is no factory connector.  You have to buy an auxiliary harness and connect it to the battery.  Below is a snapshot of the instructions which show the part# you need for the harness.  The only part of the install I didn't like is draining the cooling system.  Obviously, that is is pretty easy thing to do but I always seem to end up with coolant everywhere.  Anyway, the whole thing is like a 20 minute install.

IMG_0339.JPG

I have installed a steering damper and this one is a little different.  It is made by XRC a small company in New Zealand.  XRC specializes in hard enduro parts, many of which are used by Chris Birch.  This damper is small, unobtrusive and easy to install.  It has only one adjuster and I think that is all it needs.  There is no damping for return to center.

One of the things I like about the XRC damper is that you don't need to raise the handlebars but also don't have the damper sitting above the bars creating a chin banger.  It is an expensive part and not super easy to source but it does all the things I want.  In the pics you will also see the handlebar mount that I use for my iPhone.  I know that mounting an iPhone on a hard core dirt bike is not cool but I get lost without Avenza :(

IMG_0312 2.jpg

IMG_0316 2.jpg

IMG_1761 2.JPG

• Like 2

picked up my 2019 te 300i two weeks ago done some mods cycra pro hand guards,rad guards,fan kit,carbon fiber exhaust guard, lowering link/skid plate,aluminum skid plate,and tubliss front and back got it broke in and put a few hours on it love the smoothness of the motor, power delivery is very useable in map 2 for traction and map one i noticeably more two stroke wheeel spinning power,suspension for me is very plush no harshness was a little soft but a click of preload and all is good im about 190 fully outfitted backpack and all, motor has a lot of low end for single track and hill climbing very happy so far

20180630_163148.jpg

• Like 2

did an enduro practice day on Saturday and then today cleaned the bike take note of how much fuel was left I drained the tank and had just over 4 litres left after riding for 3hrs and 15 minutes non stop at last an enduro bike that will do a 3hr hare and hounds race without a fuel stop my tx300 I had last year was empty after 2 and a half hours

P7150420.JPG

P7150422.JPG

P7150425.JPG

• Like 3

On 7/15/2018 at 1:12 PM, adamsavage said:

did an enduro practice day on Saturday and then today cleaned the bike take note of how much fuel was left I drained the tank and had just over 4 litres left after riding for 3hrs and 15 minutes non stop at last an enduro bike that will do a 3hr hare and hounds race without a fuel stop my tx300 I had last year was empty after 2 and a half hours

P7150420.JPG

P7150422.JPG

P7150425.JPG

Great to hear about the good fuel mileage.  It does seem like not everyone is experiencing the same results on mileage so it is good to get more data points.  The bike looks great and so does the garage.

Edited by window2time

On 7/10/2018 at 4:54 PM, window2time said:

I don't know what the consensus is but I think most agree that the FMF Turbinecore is a great way to go as it doesn't have a screen that can clog over time.  It bolted on in minutes and works well.  I think the sound is similar to stock but sometimes I think it is slightly quieter.

Did you Have the dealer remap the bike to the pipe at all? Any ECU - EFI adjustments done?

On 7/20/2018 at 1:23 PM, Tohelluride said:

Did you Have the dealer remap the bike to the pipe at all? Any ECU - EFI adjustments done?

No, I have not had a remap.  Just using the stock map that the bike came with.  It seems to work fine.  I would be surprised if there is any significant change in back pressure/tuning from the stock silencer.  However, I am planning to get a PowerCDI when they become available for the three hundreds.

I thought I would try a couple of pipes to see how they work on the TPI.  I went out to a local riding area and found a loop about 5 miles long and headed out running the stock pipe while trying to pay attention to the power characteristics.  

I came back to the truck and mounted up the FMF Fatty and went back out to run the same loop.  I could tell there was a little more power in the low and mid range and it smoothed out the power a little.  I could not notice any decrease in top end power but I have no idea what a dyno would tell us.

I came back to the truck again and mounted up the FMF Gnarly.  Even more bottom end.  Power delivery is a little smoother yet.  I did feel like this pipe sacrifices some top end but this bike really rips and I don't think I will miss a little top end.  I think the Gnarly is my favorite but the bike runs great with all 3 pipes.

I am running the stock map/ECU and could not adjust fueling.  I could not perceive any differences in lean/rich fueling when I changed pipes but perhaps others who are more sensitive and experienced would notice a difference.  

IMG_0325.JPG

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 5:30 PM, window2time said:

I bought them.  The pipes I decide not to use should be worth something used right?  Also, the pipes get banged up so good to have an spare on hand?

So did you just use the stck silencer for each pipe in your test?

Woohoo.  I picked up my bike last Thursday.  I haven't done a thing to it.  lol. Today will be spent doing a thorough setup, going through all the clickers, double checking nuts and bolts.  Tomorrow will be the first ride.  I've order a FMF TurbineCore so I'll be spark arrested.

What side is the engine map switch usually on?  My is on the left side.  I though they were on the right.  Could someone post a close up picture of theirs?

• Like 1

P7150420.JPG.b8457f49a7e56f266ace79c3cccbc8c1.JPG
P7150422.JPG.809c87ad62236423cf7a1663c1ce2daa.JPG
P7150425.JPG.e0185209589d33513deac1484c18af27.JPG
Like that lift.. got a link to where I can get my grubby hands on one?

Nice bike and thread. Loving it so far.
  • Like 1

"I've order a FMF TurbineCore so I'll be spark arrested."

I checked with FMF last week and they said that they are not ready to release silencers for the fuel injected 300's yet. What did you order - one for the 2018 250i?

46 minutes ago, T595 said:

I checked with FMF last week and they said that they are not ready to release silencers for the fuel injected 300's yet. What did you order - one for the 2018 250i?

If you go to the FMF website and enter 2019 Husq TE300i, the turbincore 2.1 comes up as a silencer for that bike.  It is required by law where I live so I picked one up right away.  It seems to work fine and it is the silencer I used when testing the 3 pipes I reported on above.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, T595 said:

I got one listed for the 17' 250/300.  Part number 025210, which is the same one listed for the 19 300 tpi.  Not sure why they would make one special for just the tpi bikes.  These seem to be in short supply these days, I found one on ebay.

Capture1.JPG

On 7/28/2018 at 7:12 AM, whizzer929 said:

Woohoo.  I picked up my bike last Thursday.  I haven't done a thing to it.  lol. Today will be spent doing a thorough setup, going through all the clickers, double checking nuts and bolts.  Tomorrow will be the first ride.  I've order a FMF TurbineCore so I'll be spark arrested.

What side is the engine map switch usually on?  My is on the left side.  I though they were on the right.  Could someone post a close up picture of theirs?

Congratulations Whizzer!  Get us pics and a ride review when you can.  My map switch is on the right side just inboard of the starter button.  Let me know if you need a pic.  I don't have one but can take one if you need it.

4 hours ago, window2time said:

Congratulations Whizzer!  Get us pics and a ride review when you can.  My map switch is on the right side just inboard of the starter button.  Let me know if you need a pic.  I don't have one but can take one if you need it.

Here are the glamour shots.  Yes, please post a pic of your switch, if you don't mind.  I don't mind the switch being on the left.  After I looked closer at it, it's actually the top clamp for the clutch.  So it must have been done at the factory.

TE300-1-small.jpg

TE300-2-small.jpg

• Like 1