motocross pussification of mxon

3 hours ago, deanevo said:

Tomac's perspective is quite difficult I think. The stakes are high and his performance will be influenced by 2 factors again. "God" DeCoster's instructions to ride with some sort of reservation, and the possible provocations of Herlings to bite the bait. I wouldn't be surprised if Herlings would go make gestures during jumps.

maxresdefault (5).jpg

Cool pic.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Budlite said:

I think you're just about the only one that posts in this forum that takes this crap seriously.....lol

That was sarcasm.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, deanevo said:

The British success shifted towards enduro over the years.

That is because they are an island full of sissies ( except for @mog ) that we have had to bail out of every scrap they have gotten into in the last 100 years. Except for maybe the Falklands where we just gave them the weaponry and let them beat up on tin pot led Argentinians.... :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 4:56 AM, mog said:

The mxgp riders made USA look like fools in the sand , so your saying they are weak and got easily best ,but beat USA bad , what does that say about USA ?

On 9/22/2018 at 5:09 AM, RMZ819 said:

Or, How great Herlings is.

The Bottom line is Herlings is this generations RC. I really don't see him having a problem beating Tomac.  I really think he is going to beat his ass in a big way.  Everyone needs to remember that Tomac has not raced in a month.  That is a huge disadvantage for Tomac.

Yes the MXGP field is weak.  What was the race when "take the easy road" Herlings was out with a collar bone and AC fell twice and still won the race?  MXGP=weak field.

On 9/22/2018 at 9:00 AM, deanevo said:

Vaguely I remember a multiple American champion coming to the GP's and there was a lot of American hollow talk..

070915top-i.jpg

Hilarious!  Villopoto only went to the GP's because of contract obligations.  He got a free european vacation and then  looped out on purpose to get out of the contract.  I mean seriously, when was the last time you saw a pro loop out???   An I am happy he did cause he needed to be done.  It's nice to see him happy again. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wally63 said:

Hilarious!  Villopoto only went to the GP's because of contract obligations.  He got a free european vacation and then  looped out on purpose to get out of the contract.  I mean seriously, when was the last time you saw a pro loop out???   An I am happy he did cause he needed to be done.  It's nice to see him happy again. 

Ya RV was looking for the European college adventure vacation he missed out on when he was winning his championships.

• Like 1

Rv could not afford to go around Europe in his own dime as he didn't earn much racing Mx , so he looped out at 45 mph risking possible life changing injuries to do it

Yes the MXGP field is weak.  What was the race when "take the easy road" Herlings was out with a collar bone and AC fell twice and still won the race?  MXGP=weak field.
The only place herlings came from last to first was USA ....and he wasn't riding that great in mxgp at the time
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, rmxtgh said:

What town so you live in and where does herlin g s and Covington live?

Covington lives south in a village in the Brabant province. Herlings is from that province too, from the very tiny village of Handel. Not my favourite region to be honest, I don't envy Covington for that.

I was raised North but live in the west btw.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mog said:
10 hours ago, Wally63 said:

The only place herlings came from last to first was USA ....and he wasn't riding that great in mxgp at the time

Right, he only won 1/3 of the races in 2017 and won 5 of the last 6 overalls of the season. He was riding GREAT at that time.

13 minutes ago, Mudd94 said:

Anyone know where to watch mxdn?

Not yet, but Cycle News TV Listings should have it listed as we get closer.  https://www.cyclenews.com/motorcycle-tv-listings/  They're out to Oct. 4th right now, so they'll probably have something by the weekend.

Where are you in Idaho?

13 minutes ago, Mudd94 said:

Boise area. You?

Eagle, not too far away!  :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, mog said:

Eli when hes "on it " is only beatable by himself ! But that's not the Eli that should help team USA win this year imo

How does being "on it" and winning both motos not help team USA?

Crashes trying to win by 30 seconds

7 minutes ago, mog said:

Crashes trying to win by 30 seconds

I would agree.  But, whether you're a Herlings fan or a Tomac fan, if either has to win the moto to win the overall, I'm fine with a win or crash attitude (edit - as long as they don't hurt themselves).  2nd = 7th in my opinion in this race.

Edited by jcm3
  • Like 1

Don't worry, all 2018 Tomacs now come equipped with cruise control. In the off chance that he does get a good start.

Reality is though there probably won't be much time for cruise control... not with the bullet somewhere on the course. Even if the US is set to win it all and all Tomac needs to do is finish a certain spot or above if Herlings challenges for the lead I hope Tomac challenges back... the world needs to KNOW.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol it didn't work out well last time he tried to challenge to win a title , he was so close to losing the race and the title