endurocross PR: FMF Racing Returns as Official Exhaust of AMA EnduroCross for 2018

Championship winning brand back for more indoor off-road racing

ex_fmf.png.ab5d2c29fbf26ec4ec9603d123a4940c.png
Cody Webb (2) and Colton Haaker (1) both use FMF exhaust and have won the last four EnduroCross championships (Webb in 2014, 2015 and 2017 and Haaker in 2016). The sparks will fly again when the 2018 series kicks off on August 25th in Arizona. 

IRVINE, CALIF. (July 10, 2018) – FMF Racing is heavily involved with all forms of off-road motorcycle racing and will return as the official exhaust of AMA EnduroCross for 2018. The last four EnduroCross championships have been won with FMF exhaust and Cody Webb and Colton Haaker will be the championship favorites for 2018 with their FMF equipped bikes. The series will kick off in Prescott Valley, Arizona on Saturday, August 25th.

“EnduroCross is one of the most exciting forms of off-road motorcycle racing around and the brutal tracks are a great test of FMF products,” said Donny Emler Junior, the Marketing Director at FMF Racing. “We have the KTM, Husqvarna and Beta teams using FMF, as well as most of the amateur, vet and women’s class riders, and look forward to another great season of EnduroCross.”

You can learn more about FMF Racing here: www.fmfracing.com  

In addition to the Super EnduroCross (Pro) class, the EnduroCross series will again include Open Amateur, Vet 35+, TrialsCross and Women’s classes. The main events for these classes compete in front of packed stadiums during the night show, providing exciting action for the fans and an opportunity for everybody to compete. All the support classes include their own championship points series, as well. Riders can sign up here:  https://secure.tracksideprereg.com/endurocross/

Mark your calendars to see one of these events in person and get tickets here: https://www.endurocross.com/buy-tickets

2018 AMA EnduroCross Championship Schedule

August 25, 2018  -  Prescott Valley, AZ  -  Prescott Valley Event Center
September 15, 2018  -  Costa Mesa, CA  -  Racetrack at OC Fairgrounds
September 22, 2018  -  Reno, NV  -  Reno-Sparks Livestock Events Center
October 20, 2018  -  Denver, CO  -  National Western Events Center
October 27, 2018  -  Everett, WA  -  XFINITY Arena
November 3, 3018  -  Nampa, ID  -  Ford Idaho Center
 *Subject to Change

Visit www.endurocross.com for more information and the latest news.

• Like 4

Apparently us East Coasters don’t like EnduroCross.

Yes here in the East all of our trees never fall and the Rocks roll out of our way so we would never even know how to ride in one
  • Like 7

45 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

37 minutes ago, jetfuel said:

Yes here in the East all of our trees never fall and the Rocks roll out of our way so we would never even know how to ride in one emoji12.pngemoji6.png

That is a little odd...... But I suppose you don't like EnduroCross like us out west don't like GNCC? :facepalm:

• Like 5

"FMF Official Exhaust of AMA EnduroCross for 2018"

Do the racers receive discounts or bonus money from FMF ?

If not, that reminds me of when I was a mechanic/crewchief on a stock car race team many years ago.

Pennzoil was one of the sponsors of the racing series, many teams (like ours) ran their lubricants but always had to pay full retail price for them.

At one big event (huge crowd), a Pennzoil PR dude was roaming the pits and giving out big decals (free publicity) for each team to apply to their cars.

Asking why our car didn't have any Pennzoil stickers and why we had no intention of adding any to it,  

we reminded him that an occasional free case of engine oil would have been nice in return

as all their 'sponsorship' money never went further than the race promoter's pocket.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

That is a little odd...... But I suppose you don't like EnduroCross like us out west don't like GNCC? :facepalm:

Maybe they plan to have some silt sections and know that the eastern folks panic in dust :smirk:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MANIAC998 said:

It is a pretty weird schedule.  Prescott Valley is very confusing.  My brother lives out there and I may just hit that one, but still makes me wonder if this series is struggling.  How they are pulling Vegas off the schedule is another head scratcher.  Not long ago the series final was always in Vegas.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

It is a pretty weird schedule.  Prescott Valley is very confusing.  My brother lives out there and I may just hit that one, but still makes me wonder if this series is struggling.  How they are pulling Vegas off the schedule is another head scratcher.  Not long ago the series final was always in Vegas.

If the series is struggling, there is only one reason, and it’s a three letter acronym that begins and ends with A.

• Like 3

Eric P. talked awhile back about a couple things...Vegas was not getting enough people in the stands (last year there was hardly anyone) at the Orleans and their marketing strategy is to go after mid-size markets that are cheaper to get into the arenas.

That being said Scottsdale and Denver last year were both well attended, I can imagine Westworld being pretty pricey to rent for the week though.

Denver wasn’t packed but it was really well attended.

Prescott Events Center is pushing big time to fill that arena, so maybe some cheap operations there.... I’m curious to see the crowd since it’s also then end of August in AZ
  • Like 2

Just so everyone knows where I'm coming from, my son races pro Endurocross. 

8 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

My normal smart ass answer to that is, out west we don't get any National Enduro's which used to frequently come west. So it evens out. 

Truthfully though every time we have gone east they are not well attended at all. I think Endurocross has lost enough money trying that. Plus Endurocross and most of the top riders are all west coast based. Costs us all a lot more to head east. Vegas also was losing money.

Seems they are going more for rodeo/horse style arenas, AZ, Reno, Denver, Idaho all are and Costa Mesa Ca. is at a fairgrounds speedway track. Plus those areas are usually a little bigger and have a dirt base so the tracks tend to have better dirt and are all around better tracks. Everett Wa. is the only hockey arena left and that place is always packed! 

7 hours ago, mlatour said:

"FMF Official Exhaust of AMA EnduroCross for 2018"

Do the racers receive discounts or bonus money from FMF ?

If not, that reminds me of when I was a mechanic/crewchief on a stock car race team many years ago.

Pennzoil was one of the sponsors of the racing series, many teams (like ours) ran their lubricants but always had to pay full retail price for them.

At one big event (huge crowd), a Pennzoil PR dude was roaming the pits and giving out big decals (free publicity) for each team to apply to their cars.

Asking why our car didn't have any Pennzoil stickers and why we had no intention of adding any to it,  

we reminded him that an occasional free case of engine oil would have been nice in return

as all their 'sponsorship' money never went further than the race promoter's pocket.

No the riders don't get any discount from FMF. It all goes to promoter, which is fine. All series need sponsors to pay the bills. However virtually all teams and pro riders are already sponsored by FMF anyways. This year my son is getting support from Scalvini and I imagine he'll be the only one in the main event not using FMF. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ccullins said:

Just so everyone knows where I'm coming from, my son races pro Endurocross. 

My normal smart ass answer to that is, out west we don't get any National Enduro's which used to frequently come west. So it evens out. 

Truthfully though every time we have gone east they are not well attended at all. I think Endurocross has lost enough money trying that. Plus Endurocross and most of the top riders are all west coast based. Costs us all a lot more to head east. Vegas also was losing money.

Seems they are going more for rodeo/horse style arenas, AZ, Reno, Denver, Idaho all are and Costa Mesa Ca. is at a fairgrounds speedway track. Plus those areas are usually a little bigger and have a dirt base so the tracks tend to have better dirt and are all around better tracks. Everett Wa. is the only hockey arena left and that place is always packed! 

No the riders don't get any discount from FMF. It all goes to promoter, which is fine. All series need sponsors to pay the bills. However virtually all teams and pro riders are already sponsored by FMF anyways. This year my son is getting support from Scalvini and I imagine he'll be the only one in the main event not using FMF. 

Still running the Beta? 

18 minutes ago, Hans Schmid said:

Still running the Beta? 

Yes, but no longer on the Factory Team. Also going back to a 300 2t instead of the 350 4t

17 minutes ago, ccullins said:

I partially agree with this , We actually have more "Enduro racing" here in the East between , National Enduro, The Kenda Full Gas Sprint Series , GNCC and now our AWRCS series is growing to around 300 riders on a average weekend .  But none of it compares to the tight track Endurcross courses, its just sorta unique to itself.  

But you make a good point about having to travel so far. 

Best of Luck to Ty this season. 

Got my tickets for the opener in Prescott Valley. Looking forward to attending before the second half of flat track season I race in down in Phoenix starts in September, and some hill riding in Prescott National Forest on off race weekends.

18 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

I know plenty that loved to ride and watch EX on the east coast but evidently we didn't matter enough to keep any races that was visible to go race.

Thank you FMF for always supporting the industry, you guys rock.

Edited by BBA
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, TeamGreenPilot said:

Eric P. talked awhile back about a couple things...Vegas was not getting enough people in the stands (last year there was hardly anyone) at the Orleans and their marketing strategy is to go after mid-size markets that are cheaper to get into the arenas.

That being said Scottsdale and Denver last year were both well attended, I can imagine Westworld being pretty pricey to rent for the week though.

Denver wasn’t packed but it was really well attended.

Prescott Events Center is pushing big time to fill that arena, so maybe some cheap operations there.... I’m curious to see the crowd since it’s also then end of August in AZ

That would explain the move to fairgrounds type places.  I recall Vegas being about $65 for good seats after all the b.s. fees were added and Ontario was about $22 for gen admin seating which was still plenty good.  I liked Ontario, that was a pretty nice place, but never understood why it was so much cheaper than Vegas.

• Like 3