micnic 8888

2013 crf 100 isnt getting spark

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I was riding my crf a couple of months ago and the chain kept falling off. When the chain fell off after about the 10th time, it wouldnt start after. When I got back  I took off the left side engine cover and the case saver was cracked off. I replaced the spark plug and it still isnt getting spark.

0710181711.jpg

0710181713.jpg

Edited by micnic 8888

Posted (edited)

The chain pushed the black thing (can't remember the name) over.  You can see it's supposed to be positioned on the tab. You probably loosen the allen bolt to do it. Should start right up . You also hammered your cases and water will get in there and rust out your flywheel.  Get a real chain guide and your chain will stay on.  Also, always check it and make sure it's not too loose. (or tight)

Edited by socalxr

10 hours ago, socalxr said:

The chain pushed the black thing (can't remember the name) over.  You can see it's supposed to be positioned on the tab. You probably loosen the allen bolt to do it. Should start right up . You also hammered your cases and water will get in there and rust out your flywheel.  Get a real chain guide and your chain will stay on.  Also, always check it and make sure it's not too loose. (or tight)

Stator pickup coil.

To add to Socalxr, looks like one of the bolt heads sheared that hold it on.  get that out and replace and you should be good.  if not replace that pickup coil as the tab on the flywheel may have damaged it from being too close.

There's no second allen bolt to hold the pickup, never was.

Your chain, that fell of what? 10 times?, damaged the pickup. Try to mount it right again, there must be a small gap to the flywheel notch.

And get your drivetrain new.

P7230394.JPG

P2070381.JPG

Yea, there's no second bolt.  It's just a nub/tab.  You can do tons of damage to it and it'll still work.  I bought a running bike only to find out the "stator pickup" was literally broken off and hanging.  I have no idea how it was running.  But anyway, after you get it running you really need to address the chain coming off.  Get a BBR chain guide or similar.

When the chain came off, it pushed the pickup coil into the little raised boss on the rotor.  That boss is what triggers the pickup coil to make the spark fire.  It should be separated from the pickup coil, but yours was not after it jumped off the locating pin.  You can see that the pickup coil is busted.  Look at the copper windings between the rotor and the pickup.  Copper is supposed to be inside the pickup.

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, socalxr said:

ok thanks I will try that

3 hours ago, arthur6 said:

If chain off 10 times??? It's too loose

Yeah I know, the chain adjuster broke and I was an idiot and kept running it